aftermarket exhaust system

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 11:16 PM
Default aftermarket exhaust system

is their a company out their that makes cat back exhaust for a 94 caddy SLS? or i know that people put flowmaster or magnaflow on their cars but if i do that whick muffler should i got with if i want a more throaty rumble?

Old 12-30-2007, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: aftermarket exhaust system

Check with our sponser MAGNAFLOW. Many of these companies now have sound bites that you can listen to.

G.A.R.Y.

Old 12-30-2007, 07:14 PM

well i went on the site and only saw exhaust systems for the newer cadillacs. if anyone on here that has a magnaflow or flowmaster muffler on thier caddy, what muffler did you go with? And how does it sound? thanks in advacne ajax68960

Old 12-30-2007, 09:09 PM
Tech Certified Members

Ajax,

Custom exhausts really don't cost that much more than an 'out of the box' solution - and if you find a good exhaust shop, they can tune the exhaust to how you want it to sound...

This is mine https://www.cadillacforum.com/m_11819/tm.htm

And how it sounds (it sort of overwhelmed my computer's microphone)
http://download-v5.streamload.com/13...r/allante3.mp3

I wanted something very throaty at the low end - but at highway speeds it flattens out, I didn't want to listen to a lot of drone when I have the top down for long trips.

Good luck - I am sure you can find something that works for you.

Old 01-02-2008, 12:37 PM

Go to youtube.com and search "Cadillac muffler" There's some videos of different mufflers. On my 92 STS, I used a Dynomax Super Turbo muffler from a Firebird or Camaro since I had the one inlet and two outlets. I didn't have 2 mufflers like the N*. Also I went with Super Turbo because I didn't want to hear much of it in the car. I just got the muffler switched out and got the cat hollowed out.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:00 PM

yeah i have a N* in mine and i have two mufflers so i was thinking about going with a flowmaster series 44 muffler, universal fit.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:05 AM

I bought a '94 SLS with the mufflers rusted out, and I wanted a little rumble. I bought 2 Cherry Bomb turbo mufflers (not glass packs) from Autozone, $20 each. They were shorter, but I just used the in & out pipes from the old mufflers to add some length, welded them on with the original tips, and they sound pretty good. Very nice rumble, not raspy,clearly audible from in the car, might be a little noisy for some Cadillac folks but they suit me fine. Cheap too.

A muffler shop would probably install them for well under $100.

Old 01-20-2008, 01:24 PM

ya i got some dual flowmasters put on my fleetwood. It sounds really nasty but in a good way. kind of soundslike the one that foxpaws got.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:17 PM
Default seville muffler upgrade

quick question.. i have a 95' seville and bought a pair of Universal Remus Style DTM Dual Square Tip Mufflers to replace my stock ones. will these fit correctly on my caddy?? apparently they are universal but i know how cadillacs are different from other vehicles.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:54 PM
Default RE: seville muffler upgrade

Anyone object to throwing on a Corsa exhaust on a 01 STS?

http://www.corsaperf.com/devilleseville.htm

Sounds ballsy!!! lol

Quick Reply: aftermarket exhaust system