Basic mods for 92 sts

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Default Basic mods for 92 sts

Hi everyone. Like everyone else that's drives a caddy. We like to go fast in style. What are a few easy mods I could start with aside from "k&n filter, "performance exaust", and "fast chip/module"? Any other suggestions?

Old 06-12-2011, 03:01 AM
Tech Certified Members

pretty much what you listed is what your options are. Ive wanted to get more out of my cady as well but with out tons of money and custom work i found its not worth the hassle. the Northstar engine is practically a race built engine and there isnt much left to do. the exhaust and intake will help her breathe better and perform better. the chip will make adjustments to take advantage of the intake and exhaust and give you a better throttle response, etc. The chip alone isnt going to give much change by itself so dont buy it unless you have other modifications. There is really no aftermarket for the northstar cadys. so unless you understand these engines and are willing to spend a life time trying to do more with the Northstar you may as well just keep it stock so she last longer.

ive researched and read almost everything on this engine and believe me when i say this, Cadillac had this engine engineered to perform and last. And even they said there isnt much more they could do to get more power out of this engine with out sacrificing reliability and costs. And this was back then, now several years later they have managed to barely squeeze 20hp more due to some redesigns and tuning. So if that doesnt tell you that what our cadys engines are made of then i dont know what does lol. Anyways i just wanted to give you a lil insight on this engine. i could go on but i dont want to bore you too much. If you just want a few more ponies out of your cady then get an exhaust and intake with the chip and you will gain close to 15 more horses. its not alot but any extra power you can get is good for a heavy cady. Oh and one more thing dont buy the aftermarket MAF sensor. it does more harm than good. the only difference is it doesnt have the honeycome in it and thats what you need so that the best fuel delivery is possible. with out it the sensor gets false readings and causes a boggy feel off the line and hurts off the line performance. i believe thats all i got for now but hopefully you have some good info too help you out.