94 deville subs

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 02:25 PM
Default 94 deville subs

I have a 94 concours with the stock radio still. All I want to do is add a single ten with a amp into the system to boost my bass. How would i go about plugging the amp into the system since there are no RCA inputs in the actual head unit? I know how to set my amp up and how to connect the wires to power it, i am just having troubles with figuring out how im gonna get the amp into the whole system. any elp is greatly appreciated

Old 02-24-2008, 01:37 AM
Default RE: 94 deville subs

You're probably going to need an aftermarket sterio. It's what I'm doing on mine in a few days.

Old 02-27-2008, 04:56 PM

actually I figured it out with the help of wuite a few people.

All I needed was one little adapter that cost me $20 and the normal wiring and I was set.

Its called a Line Output Converter, or LOC. Its also called a Hi-Lo RCA adapter at other places.

Pretty much it just splices into the wires from your 6X9's and converts it into something your amp can hook up to.
I did it so I can keep the tape deck. I have an adapter that makes it so i can hook any device with a headphone jack up to my stereo throughthe tape deck. and all I use is my zune so i figured why waste hundreds of dollars for something that cost me $20 to do with the equipment I already had.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Tech Certified Members

ORIGINAL: cadillaczak

actually I figured it out with the help of wuite a few people.

All I needed was one little adapter that cost me $20 and the normal wiring and I was set.

Its called a Line Output Converter, or LOC. Its also called a Hi-Lo RCA adapter at other places.

Pretty much it just splices into the wires from your 6X9's and converts it into something your amp can hook up to.
I did it so I can keep the tape deck. I have an adapter that makes it so i can hook any device with a headphone jack up to my stereo throughthe tape deck. and all I use is my zune so i figured why waste hundreds of dollars for something that cost me $20 to do with the equipment I already had.

good info .. economical solution. I believe that what you got takes the standard freq and extracts the low frequencies that the BASS-AMP needs.

My car came with a after market AM/FM/CD/DVD remote control made by BOSS ( not to be confused with BOSE )
The previous owner simply disconnected the OEM stereo, cut the wires that go to the speakers and wired those wires into the new system. New system using the OEM speakers ( I think). All I know, it plays everything I trow at it well.

Should I ever want to watch a movie, I believe all I need is a LCD screen that plugs right into it. I was thinking of pulling it out, but Foxpaws disagreed and said "KEEP IT."

for muti-media audio/video questions, this site can be very helpful:
the moderators there are geniuses.

http://www.acurazine.com/forums/arch....php/f-22.html

Old 02-27-2008, 07:18 PM

i can go with the LOC, but but it's recomened you go with the RCA cables. The sound quality is a lot worse with the LOC and it also doesn't come as good from your player to the deck. You might as well buy a 10 dollar harness and a 40 dollar CD player at Circuit City.