Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Hood release not working

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 03:03 PM
Default Hood release not working

Hey there i am new to this and well i cant find any info on this car even the gm guys dont know what the hell is going on with it, well the hood release doesnt work and when i pull nothing happens so my question is....HOW THER HELL DO YOU OPEN IT with out using the hood release, i had the grill off...oh by the way its a 94 deville....but that just shows the saftey latch and the accual latch is up above the radiator now can you take the rad off from the bottom or well no you cant there are two bolt on the top that you cant get to, well is there anyway at all to get the hood up WITHOUT damaging the car thanks in advance if this is in the wrong forum mods please move to the right one thanks again for all the help

Colin Steele

Old 11-17-2007, 02:30 AM
Super Moderator
Default 1994 Seville cannot open hood - release not working

ORIGINAL: colinsteele

Hey there i am new to this and well i cant find any info on this car even the gm guys dont know what the hell is going on with it, well the hood release doesnt work and when i pull nothing happens so my question is....HOW THER HELL DO YOU OPEN IT with out using the hood release, i had the grill off...oh by the way its a 94 deville....but that just shows the saftey latch and the accual latch is up above the radiator now can you take the rad off from the bottom or well no you cant there are two bolt on the top that you cant get to, well is there anyway at all to get the hood up WITHOUT damaging the car thanks in advance

if this is in the wrong forum mods please move to the right one thanks again for all the help

Colin Steele
well, i was going to say cut a hole in the hood .. not good ?

Pull? cable?

have you checked that the cable is attached to the handle?
nothing happens like nothing moves when you pull or ?

Old 11-18-2007, 12:16 AM
Default RE: 1994 Seville cannot open hood - release not working

well we think that the cable is broken, when you pull on the release in the car oh by the way sorry its a 92 not a 94, but neways, you pull the handle and the hood doesnt pop up, and well yeah the cable is attached to the handle, the hood is SHUT it wont open with the hood release, ne one have a diagram of a caddy so i could figure out where everything is. i am sure i can figure it out if i have a dagram of the mechanism

thanks again