Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

95 Deville no crank

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 02:33 PM
Default 95 Deville no crank

I recently replaced a steering collum that came with a new key,on my 95 deville and now I am experiencing a starting issue.

Right after I replaced it the car started right up no problem. Shortly after that (about 2 days) the security light lit up but the car continued to function normally. However today I go to start it and it wont crank over to start. The security light being lit lead me to believe it had something to do with the VATS system. I read up on it an found that the new collum that included the new key probably has a different resistance to the key than my old one. So to fix this I took the old key to a locksmith and had it read as to what resistance it was and had them cut a key with the correct resistance to turn the new lock cylinder.

Now the security light will only stay lit for about 10 seconds and goes out but still the car will not crank. Is there something I am missing or does anyone have any ideas?

I did try disconnecting the battery for about 10 mins (could have been a little less due to the cold weather), but still does not seem to correct the problem.

I searched the forum but did not find anything on this and I do want to state that I am not trying to steal a car, I have the title, keys and everthing else, just want it to start.

Please help!!!!