Website Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions for how to improve the forum, or have a question about the forum itself, this is your section. Any questions pertaining to cars should be posted in technical sections.

Site raided ....

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 12:09 AM
Super Moderator
Default Site raided ....

We were down for part of today, Monday. Dont know the details other than we got hit.

There is loss of data .. we lost data, meaning postings, that were posted from everyone from sometime on Sat to sometime today .. about two days worth. I dont believe that anything posted on Sunday, 05-18 survived.

If you posted on the weekend, you will likely not find what you posted as it got vaporized in the resoration of the site.

The good news .. the team got it cleaned up, fixed and back on line within 8 hours .. quite a feat, quite a team.

The only detail I have is that " XP Defender " was involved .. anyone that clicked on their pop-ups, probably got a good scare as they overwrite your "desktop" and the " screensaver" ...

Old 05-20-2008, 09:44 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Site raided ....

Im not sure exactly what happened, as several of my sites were involved, but they dont share any specifics. Its not like they were all GM or all Chrysler...or its not like the sites affected were my larger sites, as some of those affected have almost no traffic. there are no common advertisers across those forums, with the exception of the amsoil ads, but those are on all of our sites.

ive been told by the tech folks that it was some sort of software failure that had the banners coded in a certain way, but there were no real specifics.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:55 PM

It is working fine and hope this site never faces the same problem

Old 05-26-2008, 09:50 AM

I remember this, even though I am new. I tried logging in and kept getting code all over the place. I've witnessed this happening to a few forums I have been a part of. Seems to be back up & running well now.

Old 05-26-2008, 11:19 AM
Tech Certified Members

thanks to all that participated......
rickyd