Vintage & Classic Cadillacs 1902-1977 Cadillac Models

Newbie 76-78 Eldorado Barritz pimpmobile

  #1  
Old 03-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5
Default Newbie 76-78 Eldorado Barritz pimpmobile

Hi my name is Heather, I come seeking knowlege!!!! My Grandfather passed away recently and my uncles and father are trying to sell his car. I am totally against this and if they are asking substantially less than what its worth I will personally find a way to buy it and resell it for its full value and give the money to my Grandmother. So there is a little background on my quest. I'm going to check the forum now to see if there is someplace i can post pictures and as my questions. If anyone has any advice for me... feel free to contact me via email, on the forum or smoke signal!!!!

Thanks much
Heather
 
  #2  
Old 03-09-2010, 02:00 AM
Stealth's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,945
Default

Originally Posted by Heathero617 View Post
Hi my name is Heather, I come seeking knowlege!!!! My Grandfather passed away recently and my uncles and father are trying to sell his car. I am totally against this and if they are asking substantially less than what its worth I will personally find a way to buy it and resell it for its full value and give the money to my Grandmother. So there is a little background on my quest. I'm going to check the forum now to see if there is someplace i can post pictures and as my questions. If anyone has any advice for me... feel free to contact me via email, on the forum or smoke signal!!!!

Thanks much
Heather

best of luck ...

try this section

Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds






.
 
  #3  
Old 03-09-2010, 07:09 PM
slowroll's Avatar
Tech Certified Members
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: in the mitten
Posts: 3,160
Default

Welcome, year, model, and miles can be helpful until pix are posted.
 
  #4  
Old 03-09-2010, 09:44 PM
slowroll's Avatar
Tech Certified Members
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: in the mitten
Posts: 3,160
Default

Unable to edit previous post, oh well. The car is a late 76-78 Eldorado Barritz, the added accessories make it hard to really know for sure from pix. Mileage is important, the customization is a +/- in finding buyer. Many collectors look for unaltered cars, however there are some who look for "modded" cars that are period correct. "The Prince" falls in to the latter, they were called "Pimpmobiles" back then. If you can post more pix and mileage maybe someone can come up with a value. Watching ebay for what is actually bid vs what someone is asking can help with value, just remember the real bidding takes place in the last few minutes. You could get a appraisel by a dealer thats specializes is classic cars - tell him you need it for insurance coverage. If you tell him car is for sale he may give a lower number and offer to buy it, to resell it for far more than he gave you. Dealers have to make money to keep doors open, that why I suggest insurance appraisal. Good Luck
 
  #5  
Old 03-10-2010, 05:37 AM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5
Default (O:

Its a 78 wil 51k on it. It IS a pimpmobile without a doubt. My grandfather actually looked like Roy Orbison. To see him in this thing was just a prelude for the bad 70's **** music to come! LOL Thank you guys so much for the info so far. I've been looking on ebay and other sites, NADA had it listed in their classic car pricing guide for like 11k
 
  #6  
Old 03-10-2010, 08:06 AM
stomper's Avatar
Tech Certified Members
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,701
Default

do you know for sure its 51,000 and not 151,000?
that will be one of the 1st things a serious buyer will ask and request proof off.

maybe you can use this as background music for the

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBrbp...eature=related

http://vodpod.com/watch/3044113-yout...een-and-others
 

Last edited by stomper; 03-10-2010 at 08:11 AM.
  #7  
Old 03-11-2010, 05:34 AM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5
Default

OHHH it most certainly is 51000 miles. My grandfather only drove it on Sundays and special occassions. He is the original owner of the car. It was garged all winter and under cover in the summer. As far as that song goes.. I think it's pretty fitting!


Originally Posted by stomper View Post
do you know for sure its 51,000 and not 151,000?
that will be one of the 1st things a serious buyer will ask and request proof off.

maybe you can use this as background music for the

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBrbp...eature=related

http://vodpod.com/watch/3044113-yout...een-and-others
 
  #8  
Old 03-12-2010, 01:37 AM
Stealth's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,945
Default

how timing .. last night i watched the KCET Roy Orbison special. talented beyond belief!

what a tragic life this man lived and how well he coped with tragedy of losing his 1st family .. truly amazing.

Barbara, his 2nd wife was on the show.

if you havent, get hold of the maintenance records, oil change receipts, etc .. these will provide proof of mileage and are worth a nice chunk of change.



Originally Posted by Heathero617 View Post
OHHH it most certainly is 51000 miles. My grandfather only drove it on Sundays and special occassions. He is the original owner of the car. It was garaged all winter and under cover in the summer. As far as that song goes.. I think it's pretty fitting!
 

Last edited by Stealth; 03-12-2010 at 01:46 AM.
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
pollyboy8511
Cadillac Eldorado
0
07-25-2012 09:08 PM
stomper
Aluminum Block V8s
0
04-24-2009 08:29 AM
79eldo
Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds
1
04-24-2009 01:30 AM
eldo99er
Member Introduction
0
07-12-2006 12:14 PM
Strumund
Member Introduction
0
10-11-2004 01:27 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Newbie 76-78 Eldorado Barritz pimpmobile


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.