Vehicular Projects Land, Air, or Water..if your hobby "moves you", it goes here.

79 Eldorado convertibled

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 09:26 PM
Default 79 Eldorado convertibled

Is it possible? People wonder. Can it happen? Can I turn my 79 Eldorado Biarritz steel top into a convertible...

Really idk, I was just hoping someone could tell me

Old 02-28-2009, 07:51 AM
Default eldorado convertibles

hess & eisenhart made 79-83 convertibles out of eldorados for anybody who would pay!! it can be done ,but you would have to fabricate so much,top frames,etc.my brothers back in the day would experiment with those cars ,they took a 81 eldorado cut the top off and then made it a removable hard top (this was COOL),another time , they took a 80 cut the roof off then used part of the center of the roof welded it in place over the back seat area and made the elorado a 2 seater,painted it light yellow with a RED interior it was COOL LOOKING!!

Old 02-28-2009, 11:29 AM

Eldoman that's my kind of brothers.

On our farm we would cut and chop what we wanted, pickups topless and all. I have thought about just sawing off the top and leaving it in the garage just for nice days, but I don't think I could bear to cut the stainless steel top off and not put a nice canvas top on. And it is a 2nd vehicle so I will need it for work and it rains a lot here.

I guess the biggest problem would be finding enough room around the back seats for the convertible mechanisms.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:37 PM
Default convertible

thats what the aftermarket co. did ,they narrowed the back seats to fit all the mechanisms in right!!what the nice part of the the removable hardtop was ,you could keep the back seat and the roof!!!

Old 03-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Default 1979 eldorado biarittz

I am going to post my 1979 triple white pics, check em out it has 108 on it with a PERFECT interior and a nice 350 fuelie!!continental and grill ,I also have a set of dayton fine wires with vogues I am going to put on it soon!!

Attached Thumbnails 79 Eldorado convertibled-pict0065.jpg  
Old 03-01-2009, 07:17 PM

Man that looks just like mine xept you got the cool tire on the back lol

You practice convertibling yours, post pics and procedures, and I might follow

Old 09-19-2014, 12:42 AM
Banned

These type of experiments are very expensive and the people who interested in the vehicles also spend a lot on these projects for their fines made ever.So its your choice what you want to do.