Transmission Leak

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 10:30 AM
Default Transmission Leak

Hello everybody, I have a 2000 Deville ( Mary Kay Edition) It's bleeding Trans fluidwhen I put the car in reverse, not much but enough. After about a week it's down about a pint. I have no shifting or overdriveproblems at all. The car has 103,000 miles on it and the local trans shop said because of the mileage I should just have the trans rebuilt. Thanks in advanced if anyone has any ideas.
Jenny

Old 12-27-2007, 10:47 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Transmission Leak

hey jenny.... welcome to the Forum! sorry to hear 'bout the trans, but doesn't sound like it needs rebuilt!especially if all shifts, and runs well!!! my 99sts had a little leak and it was corrected with a slight tork around the trans pan bolts. there isa of my treads that explaines, i'll find and get back with that........ in the mean time, look around the Forum, its all good for the Forum to have new members like you.... check in with Cadillac demographics-how old are we, and be counted.... again welcome and have some great holidays!! hope to see ya 'round
rickyd

Old 12-27-2007, 07:26 PM
Tech Certified Members

Find a new trans shop. Then post where/ what is leaking

Old 12-28-2007, 06:25 AM

Thanks for the reply, A friend checked the pan bolts and all was ok, What happens is when you put the car in gear it pucks out a small amount of fluid and without having the car on a lift you can't see where it's coming from. I'm bringing it to a mechanicthis morningthat was recommended to me. I'll postthe results.
Jenny

Old 12-28-2007, 06:28 AM

Slowroll, Thanks I'llpost what I find out.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:43 AM
Tech Certified Members

Jenny,

we seen many a car trani rescued by Lucas

[align=center] [align=center]
Lucas Transmission Fix
provides the following benefits:
[/align] [ul][*] [align=left] [align=left]Stops automatic transmission slip[/align] [/align][*] [align=left]Cleans and lubricates sticking valves for smoother shifting [/align][*] [align=left] [align=left]Stops leakage around seals[/align] [/align][*] [align=left]Extends fluid life up to 3x[/align][*] [align=left]Extends the life of your transmission substantially[/align][*] [align=left]Protects your transmission under all severe service applications[/align][/ul]

[/align]

Old 02-06-2008, 07:36 PM

Hello Everybody,
Ok the trans leak is fixed, the driver side cv joint was bad and it messed up the seal going into the trans but now I've got another problem the car has been perfect up until last night when the trans started shifting very hard 1st 2nd 3rd and overdrive and also as you are slowing down you feel the same, at one point the speedo would not show how fast I was going for about 2 miles and then all of a sudden it popped on and I was going 50, Any Ideas

Thanks, Jenny

Old 02-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Tech Certified Members

Check or have car scanned for codes.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:50 PM
Default I know this is an old thread but the problem is a perfect description of a failing..

I know this is an old thread but the problem is a perfect description of a failing vehicle speed sensor, cheap to buy and easy to fix, under $200.00 p&l.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:24 AM

Hi!
I know that this is an old posted articles.But despite of its old range. The latest and the unique information are really very aggressive.

Quick Reply: Transmission Leak