Stolen Centercaps Driving Me Insane

Old 02-17-2009, 07:32 PM
Unhappy Stolen Centercaps Driving Me Insane

Hello Everyone!

This is my first post. I am 34 and have been driving Cadillacs for about 9 years now and rolling with the good, bad and ugly. I have to admit I can see myself in one the rest of my life. I've been the proud 2nd owner of the following... 1995 Cadillac ETC, 2000 Cadillac Deville base, and currently a 2001 Cadillac DHS with built in sun shades and a never used night vision system.

I have had many issues with all; all problems seem to be standard Caddy issues, but what is grating me the most are the stolen center caps. I have had one fall off and two stolen all in a span of 3 months which translates into about $150.00 in cold cash.

Has anyone out there used a caploc locking system? If so how does it look and work?

Now that I have to replace this 2nd stolen cap my pride has bought another center cap to stick it to the thief, but he will eventually stick me up again.

Thanks,

Carolyn

Old 02-22-2009, 09:37 PM
Default stolen center caps

Hello I'm new here I just registered and saw your post. I've had a complete set stolen from my 04 Escalade a year ago. I replaced them and had cap locks installed. I you go to any of your local rim shops they can usually sell you a set and install them. They don't look to bad and they will deter the average thief. They will drill a hole through the cap, install the lock throuh the hole then attach a steel cable which is included then remove one of the lug nuts, slip the eyelid over the stud and replace the lug. You also need the purchase wheel locks to replace that one lug nut. I've been told that sometimes the thief will get P.O'ed and possibly damage you car.. Good Luck

Old 03-13-2009, 06:25 AM

5/16 Flat Seat Cap Lock - Keep your wheel center caps from being stolen with this set of center cap locks..
Set of four screws
Special order item. Sometimes we have stock on these, but usually it`s 7 to 10 days before we can ship them.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:55 AM

Hello all and thank you Escalade2004 for your post. I have purchased a locking system called Caploc; online for exactly $53.00 shipping included. I had them installed and much to my surprise they not only work great, but they look great! They are not an eyesore!

I highly recommend cap locks to everyone who has experienced what Escalade2004 and I have with the center cap theft. If anyone is interested in seeing what it looks like on my chrome center caps I will post a picture.

Cadillac rolling,

Carolyn

Last edited by Caraphyn; 03-20-2009 at 11:59 AM. Reason: grammatical error
Old 03-28-2009, 12:35 PM

I just bought a complete set of 4 chrome center caps for my 2000 DHS from Hubcap Kingdom and I payed a total of 65.00 dollars including shipment. They had the weat leave design but don't have the cadillac shield in the center of the leaves. The contact number is 918-622-2277.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:17 PM
Default Simple Solution that STOPS Stolen Center Caps

If you are tired of having your center caps stolen simply consider a set of center cap locks. I have used these and they definitely work. You can order them online. Drill a hole in your center cap, attach the cable to one lug and then to the center cap and they will not be stolen again. I had 2 sets stolen in a Chicago parking garage. Now I have the cable locks and it's been over a year and not one problem since. But I have seen a handful of cars near mine that they were taken.

Center Cap Cable Lock System at suburbanwheelcover.com | Caploc Brand | Easy Installation

Old 12-04-2012, 06:55 PM

I got tired of those pieces of junk falling out all the time from my '89 Deville.

Bought a set of cheapo plastic covers from WM for $30 that look great and I don't care if they fall off because I got two pair!

Old 03-02-2014, 06:31 AM
Default PROTECT your center caps from theft with The CapLoc™

The CapLoc™ is a theft deterrent device that locks your center caps to your wheel. The CapLoc™ is made of rust proof materials, easy to install and is visibly appealing while protecting your cap.

For more information and to purchase The CapLoc™, go to:
HUB CAP CITY | 13801 S. Ashland Avenue, Riverdale, IL 60827 - (708) 388-6996

Attached Thumbnails Stolen Centercaps Driving Me Insane-img_1152_2_5.jpg   Stolen Centercaps Driving Me Insane-0001xm.jpg  

Last edited by hwgarrett; 03-02-2014 at 06:34 AM.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:50 AM
Banned

Nice suggestion about the center caps which driving him insane.I hope now you can solve this issue and enjoy your driving.I am also get some help from their suggestion.

Old 05-29-2018, 03:48 PM

I like my center caps only mine are getting hard to find. I need a Vogue Old Style Stardust cap, part # COP61C - A115. Does anyone know where to get one other than a used one from Ebay at $99.95?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stolen Centercaps Driving Me Insane