Suspension sponsored by Arnott Inc. Discuss anything suspension related within.

Replacing Front Struts, Ball Joints, and boots

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Default Replacing Front Struts, Ball Joints, and boots

I started on my project of replacing the front struts and ball joints on my 95 STS. I had to drill out the rivets to replace the ball joint, and while I was doing that, nicked the outer boot. I got the struts in, and the ball joint in. But while putting the hub back over the balljoint, it appears I have pulled the drive shaft out some, I cant seem to push it back in. I thought maybe I pulled it out of the splines (assumed) but it does seem to be engaged.

I will be dissassembling the shaft to replace the boot, so is there any parts that should be replaced if im doing that, and what is the best way to get the drive shaft back into the proper position?

Thanks

Old 05-07-2008, 12:01 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Replacing Front Struts, Ball Joints, and boots

ORIGINAL: MadMaxDallas

I started on my project of replacing the front struts and ball joints on my 95 STS. I had to drill out the rivets to replace the ball joint, and while I was doing that, nicked the outer boot. I got the struts in, and the ball joint in. But while putting the hub back over the balljoint, it appears I have pulled the drive shaft out some, I cant seem to push it back in. I thought maybe I pulled it out of the splines (assumed) but it does seem to be engaged.

I will be dissassembling the shaft to replace the boot, so is there any parts that should be replaced if im doing that, and what is the best way to get the drive shaft back into the proper position?

Thanks
this is one job i be doing with the FSM open.