Suspension sponsored by Arnott Inc. Discuss anything suspension related within.

need serious help with fluid leakage

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 10:38 PM
Default RE: need serious help with fluid leakage

i took all the bolts off the diff cover, but i cant get the cover off. Theres a bunch of white sealer along the edge, maybe RTV sealant. But are there any tricks to get it off? maybe some PB blaster? i tried hammering a screw driver, but no success. And im doing it on my back so its a little tuff.

Old 07-16-2008, 01:52 PM

Alright i got the diff cover off but i cant get the c-clip out. I can see it and it floats around in a circle but it wont come out. I cant push the axle in because of the pinion shaft thats in the middle of the spider gears. What am i forgeting to do to get this c-clip out? please help im stuck

Old 07-16-2008, 03:12 PM

ive got a feeling i have to take out that center pin, but if i do wont all the gears fall down? thats my only fear.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:42 PM
Tech Certified Members

Center pin has to come out,(5/16 headed bolt) no gears shouldn't fall out. However they can move with pin out and you can rotate axle with shaft out and remove them. If you are lost find someone to help you who knows what their doing.

Old 07-17-2008, 12:07 PM

i took the center pin out but the axle still wont push in to get the c-clip. When i push it, it feels like the center pin is still in there. There are four bolts on the drum back plate, should i take these off? It seems like that wouldnt do anything though.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:07 PM

the axle moved in a little bit now but just a hair more and i can get the c-clip out. I tried using a magnet to see if it can pull it out, but the axle needs to come in a little more. guy at the parts store told me to turn the axle and push in, but i dont want the gears to fall down. What do you think i should do from here? Will my gears fall down if i turn the axle and push in?

Old 07-17-2008, 02:23 PM

alright i figured it out, there was an awkard looking thing coming through the drum back plate pushing against the axle so it couldnt move in. I unscrewed it and got it out of the way and got my c-clip out. my axles out but not i have to go to work so tommorow ill pop the seal out and stick the new one in. just to make sure the seal is the closest thing to the wheel right? right in front the bearing.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:11 PM
Tech Certified Members

Yes.

Old 07-17-2008, 11:31 PM

now that im looking at my axle it has some marks on it. Not so much as indintions or grooves as it is discolored, but the axle is black and theres 3 white spots where it lookes like it waas riding on something. There about 1 inch wide and about 1-2 inches apart from each other. Is this nomall or should i replace the axle?

Old 07-17-2008, 11:32 PM

oh never mind i see your other post slowrow, thanks.

Quick Reply: need serious help with fluid leakage