Suspension sponsored by Arnott Inc. Discuss anything suspension related within.

Lowering STS '00

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 03:09 PM
Default Lowering STS '00

I would like to make my Seville lower. Best way for me are new lower springs. Where should I look for it to buy?

Old 10-18-2009, 08:58 AM
Tech Certified Members

you can buy lowering springs on ebay there are two brands one is Eibach they lower the car about an inch all the way around. The other brand is Sprint and they lower the car about 2" (1.70") all the way around. When lowering the car make sure the struts are in good shape and not need replaced. using lowering springs with bad struts may result in the springs giving you bad ride quality.

Old 10-18-2009, 04:53 PM

Daddylac, thank You very much.
I could not find it anywhere in Europe, even on Eibach website are only springs for DTS.
I found and I bought sprins Springtech. Eibach is not enough for me. Now, I am waiting of shipping details and for springs.

Thanks once more.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:59 PM

i thought about the front of my sts mayb an inch..the back is nice but the front is little high..but dont want buy whole kit just for two

Old 10-27-2009, 02:33 PM

I lowered every car I had. Before STS I had a BMW e39 540i and I lowered it 2,5 in front, and 1,8 in rear, but BMW is higher in original. I expect that this Springtech kit will be good for my STS

Old 10-28-2009, 08:46 AM
Tech Certified Members

correct me if im wrong..... i dont think you can mess with suspenion on an sts. (lowering). now sls, probobly. i think the sts would have other issues if lowered.
of course anything is possible......$$$$$........... but for an inch or two??? let the air out of the tires some. :-))

rickyd

Old 10-28-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Certified Members

on the sts models they sit lower than the sls by about an inch. there is a trick for the rear struts that you can do since its arir ride. the sensor that tells the compressor to raise or lower the car depending on load can be adjusted to keep it from raising to a certain point. the front isnt the same but lowering springs will be fine as long as your struts arent worn out. it cancause you to ruin a brand new pair of springs.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:58 AM
Tech Certified Members

so..... where and how do you adjust the load leveler?

Old 10-28-2009, 02:42 PM

I am not sure did I understand You.
STS has a air suspension rear??

Of course I do not want to make some mess in my suspension. I want to lower my STS, and both of that I will change all parts in suspension which will need of that.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:08 AM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by Kucharz
I am not sure did I understand You.
STS has a air suspension rear??

Of course I do not want to make some mess in my suspension. I want to lower my STS, and both of that I will change all parts in suspension which will need of that.
yes, STS has air suspension / level ride control, also stability control. all that will be affected.

anything is possible...$$$$$$$$. you will have computer issues to tend with also.

Last edited by rickyd; 10-29-2009 at 07:11 AM.

Quick Reply: Lowering STS '00