1991 SPECIFICALLY (not 92+ or 90-) Body mount/subframe bushings - Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Suspension sponsored by Arnott Inc. Discuss anything suspension related within.

Old 12-24-2017, 02:01 PM

Default 1991 SPECIFICALLY (driving me crazy-) Body mount/subframe bushings

I cannot BELIEVE I'm having such a hard time with this. I got my grandmother's (I inherited it, and insisted on restoring it for sentimental reasons) 91 deville 4dr cleaned, polished, running, and looking great after sitting for 6 years. Every, single, item... works perfectly, like a brand new car. Every panel, every bulb, A/C... perfect.

While driving it to have new tires put on it, I noticed the typical "clunking" of the subframe bushings (or body mounts as they are also called).

GM cars are notorious for this... it's a common problem, and generally not a big deal. I "assumed" that the bushings were all the same from 88-93, across all of GM... Cadillac, Olds, Buick, Pontiac, etc.

The "Dorman 924-043" Works on ALL similar GM cars from 1998-1993.... EXCEPT THE 90+91 DEVILLE!!

For some reason.... NO ONE (not even Cadillac) seems to have the correct bushings for a 91. For 92 + 93? no problem. For 88-93 Buicks, Pontiacs, etc... no problem.

But for some reason, I cant locate the correct set of bushings for a 91 Cadillac Deville. Are they different? Are they the same as 92s, but for whatever reason are just not marked correctly in all the parts databases?

This is driving me CRAZY. Can anyone help?

Last edited by ninefourteener; 12-24-2017 at 02:12 PM.