Street and Strip Made a trip down the dragstrip or around a road course recently? Maybe a dash from a stop light? Tell us about it here!

366 HP wasn't enough

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 10:43 PM
Super Moderator
Default 366 HP wasn't enough

I know I'm not supposed to get sucked in like this but when a young guy with his pretty girl wants to stand you, it s late at night andthe road is clear, what the heck!

Happend tonight, young buck in a brand new gleaming black Avalanche tailing me, those blue bright lights tinting my mirrors. Stop light turns red, he jerks to the left lane, the two of them glancing over at me, old guy in a caddy, ha. Ahead about a 100 yards I see a parked car in my lane. Decison time, I know he's going to stand on it..do I?

It goes green and he's on it, tires chirp as he leaves But I'm just about half way in and he's not gaining that much ground, I drop the hammer, the big Deville downshifts and that sweet music that 32 valves and 4 cams sings fills the air, I grow even with his door, past his fender, car length, two maybe three, merge left past the parked car, he's flashing his brights at me.

Next light I'm waiting there with my window open, they pull up in good spirits.

Young Buck : "Man what you got under that hood?"

Katz: "It's a Northstar, you?"

Young Buck: " I gotta a frikin 6 litre, man your car is fast."

Light turns green, he goes left I carry on home. Checked the GM site for curiosity and that 6.0 Vortec has 366 HP, maybe so, but it wasn't enough, at least not for a Cadillac Northstar.
[sm=gears.gif]

Old 09-20-2007, 11:28 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: 366 HP wasn't enough

Great story Katz and my answer all the way was YES throw the hammer down, Damn straight. Good on ya............

Old 09-21-2007, 08:29 AM
Tech Certified Members

ORIGINAL: Katzmans Caddy

I know I'm not supposed to get sucked in like this but when a young guy with his pretty girl wants to stand you, it s late at night andthe road is clear, what the heck!

Happend tonight, young buck in a brand new gleaming black Avalanche tailing me, those blue bright lights tinting my mirrors. Stop light turns red, he jerks to the left lane, the two of them glancing over at me, old guy in a caddy, ha. Ahead about a 100 yards I see a parked car in my lane. Decison time, I know he's going to stand on it..do I?

It goes green and he's on it, tires chirp as he leaves But I'm just about half way in and he's not gaining that much ground, I drop the hammer, the big Deville downshifts and that sweet music that 32 valves and 4 cams sings fills the air, I grow even with his door, past his fender, car length, two maybe three, merge left past the parked car, he's flashing his brights at me.

Next light I'm waiting there with my window open, they pull up in good spirits.

Young Buck : "Man what you got under that hood?"

Katz: "It's a Northstar, you?"

Young Buck: " I gotta a frikin 6 litre, man your car is fast."

Light turns green, he goes left I carry on home. Checked the GM site for curiosity and that 6.0 Vortec has 366 HP, maybe so, but it wasn't enough, at least not for a Cadillac Northstar.
[sm=gears.gif]

Katz ... tsk ..tsk ..tsk

racing some young unexperience unsuspecting buck? poor sap, him ....
a girl in the car? his .. ? yours .. ?

hey, Halloween is coming .. kids got candy ...

... kidding ...

Old 09-21-2007, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

Well I drove by there today taking my youngest to high school, I'll admit I was feeling kind of dumb for doing it. Practice what you preach, but boy is it ever hard with that much punch underyour right foot. On the other hand, at least I know I still have the Testosterone going.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:38 AM
Tech Certified Members

Oh, I feel bad...

I was going to pick up a hard top for the Allante - and I did a bad, bad, thing...

I was at a stop light - in a town where I didn't know the streets, and I noticed that ahead, my lane ended in 1,000 feet (according to the sign).

I wasn't worried - I could beat what was next to me -

He looked over with that look of "no you don't"

I smiled.

The light turned green.

Both cars chirp the fronts - I had him easily - made it over to his lane with lots of room to spare - and I really wasn't even trying all that much. I left it in drive.

He caught up to me in a couple of lights - thumbs up - and said he didn't know these had it in 'em...

I beat another Caddy - an ETC...

Sorry... I was bad...

Old 09-21-2007, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Of course, you have that Bad exhaust set up!

Old 09-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

You guys are a bad influence on me, but I am easily influenced when it comes to speed and winning.

Old 09-21-2007, 03:07 PM
Tech Certified Members

great story Katz.......lots of laughs.......the Avalanch probly had410s and wouldn't go over 50mph.....we won't tell the young pup that though......

Old 09-21-2007, 04:02 PM
Tech Certified Members

ORIGINAL: foxpaws

Oh, I feel bad...

I was going to pick up a hard top for the Allante - and I did a bad, bad, thing...

I was at a stop light - in a town where I didn't know the streets, and I noticed that ahead, my lane ended in 1,000 feet (according to the sign).

I wasn't worried - I could beat what was next to me -

He looked over with that look of "no you don't"

I smiled.

The light turned green.

Both cars chirp the fronts - I had him easily - made it over to his lane with lots of room to spare - and I really wasn't even trying all that much. I left it in drive.

He caught up to me in a couple of lights - thumbs up - and said he didn't know these had it in 'em...

I beat another Caddy - an ETC...

Sorry... I was bad...
Fox,

you probably melted off his grill with that exhaust of yours.
and a poor sap that underestimated the Alaltne?

sorry? ohhh yeaahhh .. right !

ETC on fire

Old 09-22-2007, 09:16 AM

nice kill

Quick Reply: 366 HP wasn't enough