Sight n Sounds Post video and sound clips within.

aftermarket 4ch. amp?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 03:27 PM
Default aftermarket 4ch. amp?

I was successfull with hooking up a aftermarket cd player in my car with the gmos 06 plugin thing, now i want to hook up my 4ch. punch amp, how would i go about doing this and pluging it in2 the system? and i will be changing the inside speakers i am confused on how i would hook up the 4ch. amp in2 the system please help

Old 04-12-2008, 06:56 PM
Default RE: aftermarket 4ch. amp?

Well your post is older and you have probably installed your amp already.

Back of the new radio should have rear & front rca pre outs. If the radio only has one or the other and not both then you will have to use a 1 to 2 y splitter. Sound is a little weaker along with the voltage this way. Connect the rca cable from the radio and run them to the amp.

You need to run a descent pwer line from the battery to the amp with a in line fuse on the power wire. Most people put the fuse holder under the hood and minimum wire thickness 8 gauge but 4 gauge is better.

Back of the radio has a thin wire which is usually blue called the remote 12+ volt wire. Connect that wire and run it to the amp.

Ground wire should not be really longer than a few feet and when screwed into the car make sure the metal area is sanded for good ground contact.

Run all the speaker wires to the 4 channels on the amp.

Tune the amp.

Thats it. The hard part is getting all the wires to were they need to go and removing and replacing pannels in the car.

Speakers are a different story. This is work. I do not know which car you have. I have a 2004 cadillac deville dhs which has

1. 4" single speaker in the middle of dash
2. 1 pair of 6.5" in front doors
3. 1 pair of 1" tweeters in front pillars
4. 1 pair of 6.5" in rear doors
5. 1 subwoofer on back package tray
6. factory bose amp