Private 'Wanted' Classifieds Looking for something to buy from a vendor or a private owner?

1998 Northstar

Old 12-17-2007, 03:08 PM
Default 1998 Northstar

If anyone has a good, used throttlebody for a 1998 Eldorado ETC Northstar that they want to sell, please let me know. Bought a Eldorado and the previous owner said that the caddy dealership cracked the TB when they replaced headgaskets on car last year. The really funny thing is that the "tech" tried to epoxy it back together. It's cracked and as you could imagine it's creating a real problem with the engine management system. Any help would be appreciated in locating a used on.

Thanks

Old 12-17-2007, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 1998 Northstar

ORIGINAL: ASEMTech

If anyone has a good, used throttlebody for a 1998 Eldorado ETC Northstar that they want to sell, please let me know. Bought a Eldorado and the previous owner said that the caddy dealership cracked the TB when they replaced headgaskets on car last year. The really funny thing is that the "tech" tried to epoxy it back together. It's cracked and as you could imagine it's creating a real problem with the engine management system. Any help would be appreciated in locating a used on.

Thanks
The dealer should have replaced it. I be surprised if an EPOXY repair is approved.
Do you have the repair shop bill? How long ago?

Maybe slowroll can shed some light on this EPOXY thing.

I'll leave this thread where is to hopefully find you the part,
but I wil also repost it in the Gen TECH section.