Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

'71 Fleetwood limo

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 02:21 AM
Default '71 Fleetwood limo

I am a new member to this forum.
I have joined with the specific purpose of seeing that my last most favorite Cadillac goes to someone that will appreciate it for what it is.
What it is would be a 1971 Fleetwood factory limo.
This car came from South Carolina about 6 years ago. It has NO rust. Never driven in snow or salty road conditions. I stored it during the winter in enclosed buildings.
it has the 472ci motor with 400 turbo trans. It has 60,000 miles on it. I had detailed records of all maintenence until it was stolen last year.
I had a new padded vinyl top put on 3 years ago and resealed the trans with a new torque converter 18 months ago. 4 new tires.
The paint is bad. Too much sun and not enuff polish.
New rear suspension. Springs,shocks. Have new springs for the front but have not had time to install them. Still rides great.
Little over a year ago, it was stolen from in front of the house. Almost three months go by and the police call---it was found.
Great!
Well, maybe not.
I had had a very nice radio/CD player installed. Idiots ruined the dash area around the radio tearing it out. All they needed to do was remove the ***** and undo the nuts holding it in place for it to fall out the back.
The front seat had been a little dry-rotted from age.
The person driving the car when police stopped them clocked in at 475lbs. The seat is ripped all over with padding showing. Not looking good.
Someone had repaired the steering column where the ignition had been ripped out so that looks original. Go figure.
I have replacement parts for the dash and several period radios to go with it.
If anyone is interested in putting this former beauty back in shape, please contact me.
I dont have the time or money to do justice to this car.
I have only invested about 5,000 in the car and know I could never get back a fraction of this, but would be willing to let it go to someone who would promise to take care of it.
Make me an offer. And promise not to drive it in the snow and salt.
Thank you for your time.

I can be reached at: kromepony@comcast.net or 586-774-1799 after 5pm EDT most days

Dan