Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1969 Cadillac Coupe De Ville

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 03:15 PM
Default 1969 Cadillac Coupe De Ville

Times are hard, my wife and I need money for the future, which means I have to sell my pride and joy. It was actually my first car, bought it when I was 15, about 13 years ago. Had it for a few years, sold it to one of my good friends, and he and his dad had the motor rebuilt was rebuilt as well. Then I got it back a few years ago, and have had it as a weekend car. Currently, it is registered with the DMV as a non-operational vehicle as I recently moved and was busy with work and life. I still take it out for a drive at least once a week to keep the car's juices flowing nicely. There is nothing like driving this car, why pay a psychiatrist when you can take this car out for a short drive and all you're worries go out the window. The car has been marked salvaged by the person I bought it from originally. It was a kid who's Mom bought it for him, he had it for two months, someone backed into the front left fender (which has since been replaced) and he could not afford to fix it, so he Mom had it marked as salvaged, and it sat in the garage. He was getting into trouble as well, so his Mom sold it to me, their neighbor at the time, after it had been sitting for a couple months while the kid disregarded the vehicle. He didn't know what he had.

The Good:
I have put 91 octane in it since it's rebuild.
I recently spent $1200 replaces the brakes, rotors, and the master cylinder.
Just put in a new starter and solenoid, and a new alternator.
The tires are pretty new, bought them about a year and a half ago.
When I bought it, the original owner had installed a 400 turbo transmission and a B&M shift kit.
The body is straight, and everything is all original.
The front left fender was replaced with an original fender from Cadillac King in Los Angeles about 8 years ago. There was a small dent from he original owner I bought it from, who was the second owner of the car.
Brand new battery installed last week with a 3 year warranty.
Dual flowmaster exhaust.
CD player, Cerwin Vega amp and 12" sub woofer in the trunk.
Original 1969 Cadillac wheel covers.
I recently bought another set off ebay for $180 just incase someone stole one in the future.
The plugs and wires were replaced a couple years ago. Fires up nice and strong every time.
All electric windows.
The front bench is electric as well. All in working condition.

The Bad:
The front and rear windows leak, and have rust underneath the chrome strip that surrounds the windows, a common problem on these old cars. 40 years takes a toll on metal.
There are small bubbling rust spots near the front right headlight, on the bottom of some of the fenders as well.
I pulled the carpet recently since the water from a rain storm recently created mildew. Since then it has been covered, I learned my lesson. I have a new replacement carpet kit that I will give you with the car.
There is a small electrical issue, and I think it is a bad ground or something near the ignition, my knowledge lacks when it comes to electrical. Sometimes when I hit the turn signals, it blows the stereo fuse.
I recently had a mechanic look at it, and we found a two bad wires, which we fixed, and most of the problem went away. There is still something going on though, a small fix, just do not have the time anymore to get into it.
The interior is in decent condition, with some damage to the front bench near the passenger side. One time in high school I had a friend install a new stereo, he did not have time to install it all the way that evening, so overnight we left it on the floor to finish in the morning. To our surprise, there was a small electrical fire, thank God it did not spread anywhere else. So there is some rips in the front bench.

Feel free to come check it out, ask me any questions, or ask for more pictures. I do not want to sell her of course, I will hunt it down and try and buy her back as soon as I can.
Here is a little video I made recently of the car My 1969 Cadillac Coupe De Ville - YouTube
Call or text me at 805-218-five five zero eight

GO HERE FOR PICTURES: Cadiilac pictures by joey4them - Photobucket