Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

why cant we have it all?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Default why cant we have it all?

so i was thinking about the election since thats all the news channels show all day everyday...
Since we are all about deciding between republican and democrats i thought i might ask a question that may get on a few nerves.
So what if we had to choose between a republican democrat mix with the pres and vp? who would you vote for? remember, it doesnt matter who is in what position, but who do you think would run the country the best together?

Clinton and McCain

McCain and Obama

Huckabee and Clinton

or

Obama and Huckabee

Old 02-23-2008, 05:37 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default US Presidential candidates RE: why cant we have it all?

ORIGINAL: cadillaczak

so i was thinking about the election since thats all the news channels show all day everyday...
Since we are all about deciding between republican and democrats i thought i might ask a question that may get on a few nerves.
So what if we had to choose between a republican democrat mix with the pres and vp? who would you vote for? remember, it doesnt matter who is in what position, but who do you think would run the country the best together?

Clinton and McCain

McCain and Obama

Huckabee and Clinton

or

Obama and Huckabee
regarding US Presidential candidates. we can have it all ...

Huckabee on Mondays
OBama on Tuesdays
McCain on Wednesday
Giuliani on Thursday
Clinton on Friday
R. Paul on Saturday
Edwards on Sunday

Subs for vacation days and sick days ..
Romney - odd calendar weekdays
Thompson - even calendar weekdays
Hunter - weekends

That would be the best of all worlds ..
since nothing would be getting done, it can only result in nothing getting screwed up,

Old 02-23-2008, 05:47 PM
Default RE: why cant we have it all?

For an honest reply I have to say that as an independent conservative voter I'm afraid the republicans have shot themselves in the foot by selecting McCain as the republican candidate with his "win" at all costs in Iraq.
That leaves us with Ron Paul whom I would vote for in a country minute if the vote would not be thrown away.
As far as the democrats go. Biden seemed the most responsible in my mind and when he withdrew he left just the democrat candidate to select just to get us out of a six year war that has almost destroyed all respect for our country worldwide. Whomever is selected will get my vote along with 75% of the rest of the country I think.
Six months after we leave Iraq, the people there will have the theocracy government they desire whether it be in December this year,or ten years from now ala McCain!
(so, abbreviated, I am saying that the democrat nominee will win this next election in a landslide because of the national parties nutty selection offinal candidates, regardless of who the two nominees are,)

Old 02-24-2008, 07:17 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: cadillaczak

Clinton and McCain

McCain and Obama

Huckabee and Clinton

or

Obama and Huckabee
I know this question is just for fun but my honest answer is NONE OF THE ABOVE.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:07 AM

Old 02-24-2008, 08:18 AM

And that's the dilemma GARY, the parties have given us no one quailified to handle the job. Four years ago my mailman could have had no trouble defeating George Bush but who did the oppoaite party put up? John Kerry who carried so much baggage he couldn't have won the position of dog-catcher. All that had to be done was investigate fully the "shrubs" record of military service during the viet nam "conflict." With all the lack of notice of anything brought up, did it ever make you wonder? The only thing possible was the same baggage on the other guys foot!
I find it difficult with the original bunch that started out this past year to figure how we got down to this bunch of local yocals. The only answer in my opinion is they must be the most easily bought by the power mogols of industry. (and what's scary, it might be more than American industrialists holding the reigns)
There were more than a couple of the original candidates that I could have voted for happily on both sides but they have all suc***bed for lack of funds. Because of big money, we are stuck with what we got. McCain/Obama. (Iraq or no Iraq) That's the question and that's why I believe we will see our first black President. If the mess we are in will ever be solved, it will only come with a change of administrations. Hillary knows this, as does every Democrat (and seriously, every republican) and she came so close she could almost taste it. She realizes it all depends on Ohio and Texas in a couple of weeks and is now pouncing on Obama. No more nice guy. All the democratic mud is being slung this week and the national debate on CNBC Tuesday night should be the final blow. Win or lose, Tuesday night, "the gloves are off." Should be well worth the price of admission and you will be able to see who the next Pres of the US will be!

Old 02-24-2008, 08:44 AM

ORIGINAL: hyperion

And that's the dilemma GARY, the parties have given us no one quailified to handle the job. Four years ago my mailman could have had no trouble defeating George Bush but who did the oppoaite party put up? John Kerry who carried so much baggage he couldn't have won the position of dog-catcher. All that had to be done was investigate fully the "shrubs" record of military service during the viet nam "conflict." With all the lack of notice of anything brought up, did it ever make you wonder? The only thing possible was the same baggage on the other guys foot!
I find it difficult with the original bunch that started out this past year to figure how we got down to this bunch of local yocals. The only answer in my opinion is they must be the most easily bought by the power mogols of industry. (and what's scary, it might be more than American industrialists holding the reigns)
There were more than a couple of the original candidates that I could have voted for happily on both sides but they have all suc***bed for lack of funds. Because of big money, we are stuck with what we got. McCain/Obama. (Iraq or no Iraq) That's the question and that's why I believe we will see our first black President. If the mess we are in will ever be solved, it will only come with a change of administrations. Hillary knows this, as does every Democrat (and seriously, every republican) and she came so close she could almost taste it. She realizes it all depends on Ohio and Texas in a couple of weeks and is now pouncing on Obama. No more nice guy. All the democratic mud is being slung this week and the national debate on CNBC Tuesday night should be the final blow. Win or lose, Tuesday night, "the gloves are off." Should be well worth the price of admission and you will be able to see who the next Pres of the US will be!
This country still may be too white to elect him regardless of qualifications. That is a sad statement and may not be true, we shall see. Having said that I agree that none of the leftovers are qualified to get us out of the mess we are in. Where is Hulk Hogan when you need him?

Old 02-24-2008, 11:40 AM

Well, Obama is brilliant, but have you read his "biography? Born in Hawaii to a white woman from Kansas described by Obama as white as vanilla ice cream and again from Obama, a black as "pitch" father from Africa. (Royalty) No mention of wealth!
His mother divorced his father when he was two yrs old. Remarried an Indonesion. (no mention of wealth) The family moved to Indonesia where Obama went to an Indonesion school, taught in the Indonesion language until he was eight yrs old. (Probably here's where the muslim faith comes in, from stepfathers side.) His father went to Harvard and got his "PHD" before returning to Africa where he was killed in a car accident. At eight the family returned to Honolulu where Obama finished his education at the Pamaho "?sp" school which is the equivalent to "Chote, "sp"and Exeter." (no mention of wealth.) From there Obama went to California where he attended two years at "Occidental" in L.A. Transferred from there to Columbia to finish his last two years and
graduated with a degree in social studies. Took a job in Chicago for several years and worked in low income housing ect:
Entered Harvard Law school and was the first black head of the Harvard Law Review in it's 104 year history. Graduated Harvard Sumne *** laud, ?sp (no mention of wealth!)
So, the record shows "he is one smart dude!" (But not your normal family life by any means)
As for McCain??? Father was a full Admiral as was his grandfather. Got an appointment to Annapolis (I wonder how?) Was up for expelment four times in his tenure for breaking the honor code. (wonder why it didn't stick?) Of course, everyone "liked" the guy.
Graduated and brags about being "fifth" from the bottom of his class but still got an appointment to "Naval Air" (usually reserved to the top 10% of the graduating class. Wonder how?) Got shot down over Viet Nam on one of his first missions and was a prisoner of war for five years where he got his normal promotions from Lt. to four stripe Captain. (No mean feat, even in the wartime Navy.)
Discharged and took up politics citing his wartime career. (Not a normal family life!)
Those are the guys on the ticket this November. Ralph Nader said it is "sickening" and again entered the presidential race. Announced this morning on "Meet the Press". (www.nader.org) He can't believe that even the American voter would cast a carbon vote for George Bush politics with a vote for McCain, making this a cut and stampedlandslide for Obama.
Why can't we ever have a candidate who was raised in a normal "mom and pop" family, educated in a local school system, and a graduate from any normal good college and probable law school. Why does it have to be the "abnormal upbringing". Why kids raised in the ghetto by a grandmother or single mom? These people are very commendable but they don't have any idea of a normal family nucleus. They want to concentrate on helping this minority family above all others. It's what they know best.
Not a pretty picture and I felt a little better gettig ten bucks off to Nader. Just a "token!"
(OH, by the way! I believe Hillary has just discovered that there is going to be a landslide vote for Obama from both the colored and Latin community this "go around" and it looks like everyone will be voting.) I don't even believe the Texas red-neck white vote can stop this.
*Most of this info from wikipedia!

Old 02-24-2008, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

zinzin,

there u have it !

This country is no longer about normal, mom & dad, family life. I am sure you can expand on
the why it become that way, I certainly am not a role model in that arena.

As to politics 2008, this time around, is it all about "Little or NO BAGGAGE" ..
The two candidates at the end will be as free of baggage as i have seen in my short life.

H. Clinton, Giuliani, R. Paul, Edwards, Romney,Thompson, Hunter, Nader .. never had a chance.

That being said, it will be interesting to see where "white America" places the final vote .. when it comes to race, will they vote their conscience, will they vote their guilt?

I wouldnt bet on this one.

I like to see stability ..

but for now this is what I see:

one last comment?
Again, IMHO on this mess - Bush didnt get us into the Middle East mess, any more than Nixon got us in Nam .. everything has a beginning, Nixon wasnt it and Bush aint it either .. additionally, neither 2008 candidate will be able to stop the runaway Middle East train that started the engines before the Bush's Presidency .. I wish they (both Bush's ) had handled it better, but it is what it is .. escalated to no good end that I can see.

I am not sure that even this is the beginning, I am not sure that any of that really matters, but at least explains the modern times phase ?

http://thewebglossary.com/topic/list...he-middle-east

in this country of 200M voters, this was my 2 cents of IMO ..

Old 02-24-2008, 03:41 PM

You know what's "scary" to me? They are teaching all the detainees at Quantanamo "English!" Thus making it a lot easier for them to become "real" terrorists upon their release!
I only wish they would spend our money teaching immigrants the language! (So I could stop pushing "1" before every transaction.)

Quick Reply: why cant we have it all?