Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Whats your Favorite Style or year Cady?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 02:00 AM
Tech Certified Members
Smile Whats your Favorite Style or year Cady?

today i saw one of my favorite classic cadys. i went on a road trip to help a friend look at a motorcycle. While arriving into the city it was located i spoted a Dealership with a 1961 Cadillac Fleetwood. It was a greenish teal color mor green than teal. It looked like it was all original and was never restored just driven and enjoyed. Had some rust in areas and had 75,000 original miles. Looked great from far but had its normal wear and tear when you approched it. I have a sweet spot for theses older cadys and love the sleek yet loud look they have. Which is why they are my favorite style of cadys. i wouldve loved to trade my seville on it but my wife would have went Ape **** on me. LOL. The nicest thing about this Dealership was nobody came out to bother me while i looked at it. i actually got to enjoy the car more and see a piece of history without being pestered by a salesman. Although test driving it and getting a real feel of what the 60's cady's were about wouldve been icing on the cake. I also have never been up close and personal with a cady older than 85' so it was pretty cool for me to get that experience.

It may just sound crazy to some for why i went gaga over an "old jolopy". But ill tell you why, if you look at todays cars, what are they really? The answer is easy DISSPOSABLE. Which is the reason i favor old classics. Back then America made cars to last and get us places we needed and places we wanted to go all with out falling apart after a few years and be traded in or junked out. Dont get me wrong we do make safer cars with tons of things we like but cars are so over produced it doesnt really make them worth or amount to much in the end. Its more of just a tool these days not like back then were pp enjoyed themm more and took pride in their automobiles. Now we just drive the wheels off them and buy another one LOL. So now that i rambled on you can post what your favorite Cady is.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:54 AM
Tech Certified Members

ragtops .. i have owned four ragtops in the past 4 years and currently have three ragtops .. now, if i ever get the time to get them running ...

hmmm, how can i get the kids to move out?

hey, one of my cars, or at least a look-a-like, it is on the banner of the site .. look at the top right ... mine is black.

i sure would like one of these (1938) .. dreamin' ...

Last edited by stomper; 03-05-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Tech Certified Members

The cady's from the 30's n 40's are deffinetly a classic to remember. They are so gangster looking i would feel like im part of the mob if i owned one.

Last edited by 92_Daddylac; 03-05-2011 at 08:01 PM.