Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

urban myth?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 10:27 PM
Administrator
Default RE: urban myth?

i was an independant auditor, but i wasnt doing the type of auditing that you guys are discussing.

public schools in the states of PA, OH, NY, WV, and KY (that i know of) require public schools to have a full record of their assets, with values. In some cases, we would get a list of assets from the school (or police station, or fire dept..any publically funded entity) and we would go through and verify that they have what they claim to have, or in some cases, we had to go from scratch.

the use of these audit is for funding purposes, so that the local and state govt can decide if a district has too much money, or not enough money. it is also intended to show that they are appropriating funds correctly.

it was a TERRIBLY boring job, and although the pay was good, the travel was not. The company wanted to make sure that we wouldnt enjoy ourselves on these trips, so they paired up people from the company didnt get along, and made us share a company car AND share a room...adult men, who barely know each other, sharing a room.

on top of that, my dad got sick, and i quit and moved home, getting a job in the area to help out with the bills at home.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator

Patrick,

what you described is no fun, no matter the company.

my rule was simple:
dont change what i do at home and we will do fine,
change it and we are done.

we got along just fine.

======

Old 03-15-2007, 12:20 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: wcoates

GARY

I certainly do not want to offend anyone either but I think you insulted the pimp!
With all due respect to all you moderator/administrator gods I believe I saw this poll on respected professions.

1 Clergyman
8. Doctor
12. Pilot
73 Check cashing services
82.Liquor salesman
89. Real Estate Broker
93. Used car salesman
99. Pimp
100 Auditor.
So if I'm 73 and 82 (don't know what's between them) I rank higherthen the common 89 dime a dozen real estate brokers. However it seems to me that Pimp would also rank higher then the current 89. and that actually 93 should be tied with 89? Am I reading the poll correctly?

Old 03-15-2007, 01:10 AM
Location: Canfield, Ohio (halfway between Cleveland and Pittsburgh)

read it any way you want 'cause it's a figment of my imagination. yeh I even ranked you higher than me and what do I get --personally degraded and attacked. By a moderator my less. No wonder Odell won't come out to play!

from another post, pics of the bike when appropriate.

Old 03-15-2007, 01:41 AM
Super Moderator

you forgot to include lawyers, moderators, and judges.

ORIGINAL: wcoates

GARY

I certainly do not want to offend anyone either but I think you insulted the pimp!
With all due respect to all you moderator/administrator gods I believe I saw this poll on respected professions.

1 Clergyman
8. Doctor
12. Pilot
73 Check cashing services
82.Liquor salesman
89. Real Estate Broker
93. Used car salesman
99. Pimp
100 Auditor.