Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

tribute to a Viking ... Slim ...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator
Default tribute to a Viking ... Slim ...

can we do a tribute to a fallen Viking, AKA Slim RIP,
that once owned an Allante down yonder in SoFlorida.

any comments, input, ideas, etc .. bring them on ..

Old 02-20-2007, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: tribute to a Viking ... Slim ...

Couldn't get the photos to come up, this is the best I can do for now.

Slim RIP

not long ago, jefft created Col Kurtz,
just Kurtz to you all,

later on, Kurtz destroyed Jefft in brutal battle and
a short time later, on KURTZ's b-day, Kurtz created The_Troll .. that was my gift? hmmmm

http://www.zsl.gda.pl/foto/rozne_inne/haha.jpg

i believe he would want everyone to know that him
and i played a game to entertain, mostly ourselves,
but often the readers. we know it got a bit old to some,
but kept many more members shooting emails at us to
request that we didnt quit the bantering.

hell, the guy even stole my screen names,
then we battled in emails until he gave them back.
THAT really pissed me off. but soon thereafter,
we went back to do Off-Topic battles and the fun of all that.

a short time after that note below i adviced him to
assume the worst, close shop fast and hit the road,
enjoy the few weeks left.

damn Troll .. stubborn Troll .. just wouldn't listen.
if it be me in his shoes, i hit the road today.

he requested a VIKING funeral and he got one here,
in cyber space.
he requested that i treat him for what he was until the end, and i did just that.

i always wondered if he told his wife about this VIKING wish.

for those that got the wrong idea of the fun him and
i had, i believe it is time to post this note he sent to me.

R.I.P.
Kurtz

Quote:

Sep 13th, 2006

Again, I like you and we are simply sparring partners who are pretty much at the tops of their games and do like to have some fun from time to time!

I'll still be around, I just gotta get feeling alittle better right now, and I'll get into the frey! As I stated before they did surgically remove my "quitter"!

[hr]
Title: Re: Doctor visit
Post by G.A.R.Y. on Dec 13th, 2006, 8:28am
[hr]
Damn, I guess most of us knew this was serious. Wish we could have had that drink on the east coast. I dubbed him 'Slim" , now I say rest in peace "bro", you will be missed.

Kurtz. I'm sure he would have appreciated the Viking funeral.

G.A.R.Y.

[hr]
Post by G.A.R.Y. on Dec 13th, 2006, 5:33pm
[hr]

on 09/12/06 at 21:01:20, The_Troll wrote:

Well, here we go...

Not GOOD news. I have been diagnosed with pancraitic cancer, a particularly insidious desease. It was the worst case scenario and I apparently have it. My Dr. is convinced, and all I can say is I'm almost there, but I am still in the middle of exploring it with another Dr. to give me his opinion.

Anyway, my prognosis:

There is one study with the chemo drugs I began last night where about 1/4 survive the first year of chemo. And I asked my Dr's opinion about "time left" he said "year-less".

SO, I've been busy telling OTHER FAMILY members, and now its YOUR turn to hear from me.

One other thing, if the Chemo dosen't work it CAN BE a lot QUICKER.

Right now we are in a whirlwind, I am winding down my business and have had to make big decisions QUICKLY in the last 36 hours.

I'M NOT GIVING UP, and let ME be the first to tell you that I wouldn't mind one bit to modify this diagnosis if another Dr. can do that, so stay tuned, however I'm basically gonna leave this all as it is and begin to work my way back into this madcap malestrom known as Allante Net "Kurtz and Pony" show where Kurtz does atrocious and discusting things to his pony.

I'm ready to do all I can do to extend my life here on Earth, SO I AIN'T going anywhere, so as of now my "quitter" has been surgically removed, I can't quit anything, especially these discussions, so no matter what is said or insinuated here I have to fight it and I can't quit.

No more tantrums. So give me a few more days, and you'll see me back AND IN FULL FORCE. DON'T baby me, I'm a big boy and I'm on a mission!

Afterall my job to save the world has become MORE URGENT since Monday!

So here I am warts and all (and my dog that I love): http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...JeffTeolis.jpg

I am wearing my "uniform" I wear everyday to work, all year long, I never wear pants unless going to a show or restaurant. I love my life here, I have a beautiful pool, New boat, and wonderful house, and the best wife anyone could EVER HOPE for!

I plan on getting as much as I can out of what time I have left, anyone game for a fishing expedition in the nxt 2 months?

[hr]
Post by GCoombe on Dec 15th, 2006, 3:02pm
[hr]
Well I for one am totally taken by surprise on this. I had not seen the earlier thread as I'm not here on the off topic side much.
I had the pleasure of meeting Jeff, Nancy and Jenna in person and shared a meal with them at their home.
Jeff was jenerous to a fault when it came to selling me his hard top for my car. To say I cleaned up was a major understatement.
Jeff and I talked for about four hours straight and could have gone on for days but I had to head back north. I'm sorry to say that I only saw him for that short time and the rest is all pretty much chronicaled on these pages.
He was a gentleman indeed and I know he will be missed by more than just us here.
My heart goes out to Nancy. I hope she is well and has a lot of family support over the coming holiday season.

[hr]