Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Sharpe & Co. ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 07:33 AM
Default Sharpe & Co. ??

hello,

my name is andy, i´m from germany, and i have buyd for 3 months a 1958 cadillac.

my question is, did anywhere know what is Sharpe & Co.Cadillac ? i have a emblem on my trunk from Sharpe & co. Cadillac, i want find the first owner from this cadillac, i have find a kino program from 1963, a paper from 1961, and a original key under the sittingbank. on the windshield is a highwaypatrol florida 1974, and the carshield´s is 1974 sunshine staate florida

sorry my english is not so good[8D], i hope you can me help.

thank you
andy

Old 10-15-2008, 06:16 AM
Default RE: Sharpe & Co. ??

Come on guys. Some one from Florida. Sharpe and Company is obviously a Florida Cadillac dealer and if you can get the number off the windshield "Inspection sticker" you might be able to traceone of the previous owners.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:52 AM

thank you hyperion,
i have no "inspection sticker" on the windshield, the last inspection do it on may 1971,(it stands on the cadillac-plate in tho door) i have the original shield from florida, and a highway patrol sticker on the windshield, i want know how long the car is driving, i think on the last 30 years the car is stand still. i have searched in google about sharpe and company, but i can´t not find someone.

thank you

Old 10-15-2008, 07:47 PM

Can you post a picture of the emblem and any stickers? Its a 58 car and had Fla stuff from the 70's? Alot of travelling could have been done between those dates. Plus its in Germany now? Wait, it says you're from Germany not you're in Germany. Are you? That'd be cool. Beautiful country. I took a vacation there this past summer. Oh, by the way, do you really think the dealership lasted 50 years in business? It would be impressive. Best, Mike.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:46 AM

thank you,
i live in germany, im 22 years old and this cadillac was a dream from me, but i´m interesting for the onest owner from the cadillac, when you sitting in the car, you think your in the year 1974,then i put the radio (with CCR) on an all its really cool , the car has no rust und the brakes,flowmaster etc... its all new, the car have the first paint and the chrom is fast perfect.

Underdog: where you going in germany?? i live in ludwigsburg, for any years was in ludwigsburg the us-army station, i was a kind, and i think good well in it, would have with pleasure i even today people from army here, mine parents tell always as fantastically it at that time was and everywhere where one in the evening went one had amuse with us people, fine time!

now i have upload the pictures,

sorry for my english

thank you!

Old 10-16-2008, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

1st, no apologies for your English, not needed .. I wish my other languages were as good as your English.

Have you run a carfax? You be amazed at the detailed information that the carfax will get for you and then you can work what you get in reverse. Writing to the names shown to see if any has records to the prior owner.

ALSO .. post pictures of the car .. one never knows, even a prior owner could come forward after seeing a car that he/she once owned.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:32 PM

Wow. That sticker brings back memories. I moved to Fla in 1973. The "ww" in the license plate denotes that it was a heavy car and cost more to register. And the "34" denotes which county it was registered in, I think. That was so long ago. They don't use that system anymore, too many cars out there!
When was the last time you saw a die cast dealer emblem on a car? They are just about all stickers now. Unfortunately I doubt that company is still in business after 50 years, especially if you cant find anything with a web search. Maybe the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) of Florida could provide some info from the tag number, possible who it was registered to and you could trace backwards from there? Surely the Fla DMV has a website.
Andy, my sister's husband is in the U.S. Air Force and is stationed at Ramstein Air Base, near Frankfurt. I visited them for 3 weeks during June and July. We made a quick trip up to Holland, (we're Dutch ancestry and I wasn't going to travel 4000 miles and NOT go to Holland!) Then we took a 7 night Greek Isles cruise, Athens, Santorini and Mykonos among the ports we visited. We also spent 3 days in Venice. Then on to the Edelweiss Resort in Garmish, and finally to Munich where we stopped by BMW Welt. It was a trip of a lifetime for me. I had a blast. I'd go back in a minute. But, damn, gas is expensive there!
Best of luck in your search. Mike.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:16 PM
Super Moderator

Sharpe Auto Sales Inc, 4850 E Busch Blvd, Tampa, FL
813-980-6808

Old 10-17-2008, 06:21 PM

You Rock! Give it up. How did you find it?

Old 10-17-2008, 10:25 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Underdog

You Rock! Give it up. How did you find it?
Dont really know, if that is the one .. but that is the only one I dragged up in Florida..

I actually found three, the others are in Michigan and Oklahoma.

Sharpe Auto at 1010 28th Street, SE Grand Rapids, MI 49508

SHARPE AUTOMOTIVE CENTER INC at 2609 LINDA LN, EDMOND, OK, 73013

how did I find it ? dont you know who the king of search is ?

ask Bill ..