Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Infiniti Q45

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 09:06 AM
Default Infiniti Q45

Hey group,

I wanted to get your opinion on this car. Before I bought my DHS my daily driver was a 1994 Q45, which I owned from 2002-2005. It had tremendous power -- I'm ashamed to admit this, but more power than the DHS -- and was extremely reliable. The only reason I'm not still driving it is that my damn sister backed into it one day with her accord, and scratched the hell out of one of the side doors. Then, rust started forming behind the rear wheels. Then, the transmission started holding 1st gear once a trip.

Incidentally, the transmission issue has cured itself on the Q45, and a family member still uses it as a daily driver.

The only reason I bring any of this up is that I'm considering buying an 05 or 06 Q45 in the spring. I'm wondering if any of you know anything about the third generation Q45s. I wonder if it's as reliable as the first generation, or as powerful, etc.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:25 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Infiniti Q45

infinity makes nice running machines, but i'm into "size matters".

having "survived" an accident that should have terminated my fibble existance,
resale value and reliability rate lower than "survival".
if i go, i can not benefit from resale value and i can not take it with me, and
if it never breaks, i dont learn to fix anything so i have learned to fix anything that breaks down,

when the metal and plastic meet, i am the one that walks away,
in fact, my Caddies at around 4,000 lbs, are among the SMALLEST cars i have,

i got a 4x4 that has had its life threated several times and drove away, never been to body shop,
yet its body is straight and even more important, it carries the flags of several Japanese and
one German machine that commited suicide attempting to terminate her.

Infinity, Honda, Toyota, Hundai .. move over.
size does matter.

last time i drove an Infinity was about '98. nice car.
got back into my "bigger car" and never looked back.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:03 PM

I can appreciate that size matters but you do realize that the Q45 weighs in at about 4500 lbs, right? One of the complaints about the car is that it would be so much more faster if it weren't so damn heavy.

Old 07-18-2007, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

Don't know the first thing about infinity. We have lot's of related forum.com for different makes, but not for infinity as far as I know. Hope someone here can help. Good luck.