Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

football NCAA

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Default RE: football NCAA

First time since Doug Flutie was on the team. (They just might be "ripe" when they get to South Bend!)

Old 10-04-2007, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

And of course Flutie beat the "U" with the infamous hail mary pass yuck

Old 10-07-2007, 08:55 AM
Location: Canfield, Ohio (halfway between Cleveland and Pittsburgh)

ORIGINAL: G.A.R.Y.

And of course Flutie beat the "U" with the infamous hail mary pass yuck
That was the year that kid from Y-town was there right? Ummm Kozar!

This could also be in the test for lost IQ! G.A.R.Y. I actually rooted for Florida against LSU, OOOOhhh the pain.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator

The "U" has more players on NFL rosters this year then ANY other college team in the Country, That's why they are always rebuilding, very tough. And a very tough loss to NC.

Bill was hoping for the Gators to beat LSU for one reason and one reason only.But you did get a huge win by Stanford that should move the buckeyes up.
Florida still has the university of S. Florida ranked in the top 10. Academics are pretty easy there so the Liberty City guys are goin there now to play football and have other people take their tests for them. And Florida State should move up the ladder a bit this week. So goes the state of Florida.

The "U" IS rebuilding and with their new coach recruiting should be back in the top 10, not next year but the year after. Bill, I smell a wager in the air. I can give you double or nothing against the xlr bet.

Old 10-08-2007, 01:29 PM
Location: Canfield, Ohio (halfway between Cleveland and Pittsburgh)

Naw G.A.R.Y. we keep the XLR bet alive and we will be putting the
s _ _ t on each other for the next 5 years1 Why quit? For those not familiar with our bet, I bet that the XlR production run would not be longer than the Allante's (that is -no 8th MY). What do you guys think?

Who the H is S. Florida, do these guys have to go to class? How long before Monihan(sic) has Ave Marie U contending for a title?
'

Old 10-14-2007, 02:12 PM
jim

Well Gary, the buckeyes are # 1 for now. What do you think? Hopefully they will stay there this year!!
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankings?pollId=2
Nice to have another Buckeye fan here like Bill!!!!
Is Bill correctabout S. Florida, they don't have to go to class? #3??

Old 10-14-2007, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

I was waiting for Bill to rub it in, but they will be #1 next week for sure. This is not the year to be in the top 10. Almost everyone has got their butt kicked at least one game. So Buckeyes #1 Boston (ACC) #2 and S. Florida # 3. Of course most of their playas come from Miami.

Good luck Buckeyes, look out for #3.

Old 10-14-2007, 07:39 PM
jim

Gary: Is it true that S. Florida has only had a team for the past 3 years only?

Old 10-14-2007, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator

That school has been in the football business for 11 years. Their on campus stadium is brand new and they have been doing some great recruiting. Of course it is not the most difficult school academic-wise.

FAU with coach Shcnellenberger is about 7 years old I think, along with FIU which until last year was coached by Don Strock. All three of these schools will take away form the "U" recruiting, along with other schools from the north that come down here to recruit.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:56 AM

It takes a "special type" of school to develop a professinal type "football" team. And I expect the state taxpayers will support it. After all, all kids deserve a college education don't they? Whether they can read and write or not!

Quick Reply: football NCAA