Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Finally back after nasty Worm.Win32.Netbooster2

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 03:05 AM
Default Finally back after nasty Worm.Win32.Netbooster2

Well, although I am somewhat of a newcomer to this forum, I have read a great deal of useful info on here, and recently enjoyed contributing to stompers joke of the day thread, until the wife downloaded a nasty worm the other day that rendered the computer totally useless. It slid right past my Norton Antivirus software undetected. It totally disables your mouse and keyboard, so you can't even try to run a 'cleaning' program cause you can't 'click' on any program to open it. It is Worm.Win32.NetBooster2. and it basically takes over your computer. It opens your web browser and starts downloading other worms to your computer and you can't stop it. You can't even shut down your computer , cause you're mouse won't work. It took me 2 days to to remove it using a 'borrowed' Host computer. A word of caution, even if you use anti-virus software, a worm can easily bypass it. I was finally able to get rid of it by running SPYBOT from a remote computer.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default ROUTER .. RE: Finally back after nasty Worm.Win32.Netbooster2

Glad to see you back.

The best advice I can give you is get a ROUTER.
A virus / worm cannot enter your system past a router unless you bring it in via email.