Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

FBI vs ACLU vs parents

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 08:59 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default FBI vs ACLU vs parents

I would never take a nude picture of my kids (or anyone's kids), and surely would never
post any pictures of my kids of any kind, clothes or otherwise. It is a matter of privacy
to me, not a legal issue. But that is me.

I lurk in many websites, I see a lot of skin in car club photos, a lot of political pictures.
Now one has to wonder whether every photo is not only appropriate, but legal?

Is it legal to see the movie "Taxi Driver" with friends?

"Three-year-old Sarah M. is either a toddler in her birthday suit playing in the garden,

Tragically for a number of people all over the country, innocent family photos turned over to the police have led to financial ruin, divorce, debt, public humiliation, and lifelong scorn as a registered sex offender for mothers and fathers.

in Honolulu, after the local FBI office started contacting computer repair shops about what they should be on the lookout for inside customers' computers, the ACLU Hawaii's executive director, Vanessa Chong, was quoted as saying that the G-men's fishing expedition "needlessly violates the privacy rights of honest consumers to find the guilty few.

a student in North Carolina got a visit from the Secret Service at his high school after the Kitty Hawk Wal-Mart photo lab called the police. As a classroom civics assignment to photographically illustrate the Bill of Rights, he'd cut out a magazine photo of President George W. Bush, tacked it to a wall with a red thumbtack through the head, made a thumb's down sign next to it, and snapped a picture."

http://www.popphoto.com/popularphoto...your-life.html