Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Contraversial!!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 02:59 PM
Default Contraversial!!?

We've been reading and digesting TV news media for well over a week now about the student killings at Virginia Tech. Thirty two American students and faculty shot and killed but hardly a mention on the evening news about the hundred American servicemen killed in Iraq. (Unless it is a home town paper ond one of the sons of a "townie" killed.)
At the same time on page six is a story about a mass execution in Iraq when a bus is pulled over by gunmen, the "christians ordered off the bus and the rest of the passengers then executed.
This done by "one" element of a muslim group to other members of a different muslim group. Same thing occuring in the daily suicide bombings killing one sect of a muslim group by another.
Did anyone view "sixty minutes" Sunday when one Iraqui bussinessman said as bad as things were under Hussein he could still go safely to work, purchase gas without a three day wait in line, his kids could safely go to school and he didn't have to carry a pistol as protection from the present Iraqui army we are presently training. Oh, and he could safely attend his mosque. That's all gone now, courtesy of the Bush administration and the wimps in Congress
But we still want to keep a force of American kidsthere to insure that these people develop a Democracy???

"O K it's time to "come off the walls" you old independents!

Old 04-24-2007, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Contraversial!!?

Zin
I just posted this whole rant and before it went through I lost my connection. I don't feel like doing it all over right now, but you have brought up a good point.

I'll be back.

Old 04-24-2007, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

i'm growing very weary ... it is Nam all over again.
it is the Jane Fonda syndrome all over again.

the "war" ended many months ago, now it is a .. err .. police action?

we are sending kids there to stand around,
to become target practice,
we wont let our boys shoot first,
Iran is making a mockery of us,
N.Korea is watching,
we are not securing the border there .. . dahhhh
we are not securing the border here ... DAHHHHHHH daahhhhhhhhhhhh

dont get me wrong .. some of you know where i stand,
but this is not what it was supposed to be.
blame on Bush .. he is the CNC. the buck does stop there.

but please, bashing is NOT the answer.
write letters .. lots of them ... to all (R)'s, that is the answer
writing letters to the (D) i believe is a GRAND WASTE OF TIME.

i stated my fears in 2002, clearly !
of course, FLUSHBOY did flush those threads.
so, this is NOT a turn on me or by me.

the military decisiveness attitude has been trampled to death .. in Washington.
either we fight to win, we fight to end it, or get the hell out ..
get the hell out, knowing we WILL have to go back some day.

i strongly believe the CHINESE do it better.
when unrest happens,
they SECURE the borders NOW.
they stop travel NOW.

without a doubt, we will have to .. .. go back.
and that is a damn thing to know it will happen to our grandkids
again !

Old 04-24-2007, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: G.A.R.Y.

Zin
I just posted this whole rant and before it went through I lost my connection. I don't feel like doing it all over right now, but you have brought up a good point.

I'll be back.
Zin see Zal's post above it contains some of what I was posting when I got knocked off. I posted that I am not anti war but I was against this one from the get go. I'm not a prophet either but I smelled Viet Nam all over again.

The fact that we are losing Americans everyday since the END of the war makes me sick. I know I know getting rid of hussein was a good thing.

I'm not smart enough to be president or a field general, so I don't have answers or solutions, but something has to give sooner rather then later. Without bashing intended I only wish that the smartest people in this country had the Pres's ear before this started, it may have been handled differently, I don't know, maybe like the Noriega thing, kidnap the ******* and leave.

More later