Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

the candidates

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: the candidates

zinzin,

i thank you for the kind words, but i am NOT, in any way
running for any office.

thanks but no thanks

ORIGINAL: hyperion

Do we really want to start about the election so soon? I doubt if any of the present candidates will be here at this time next year. The press will have cut most of their legs off by then.
I'm waiting for a candidate who has been brought up in a normal household, got his or her education by attending college paid for by a sacrificing middle income family and not one tied to a specificate political party. (and cringes when he hears the "F" word)

Well maybe that's asking a lot for a presidential candidate.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

Zin, I'm in total agreement with regard to the elections, afterall no one is talking about who is going to win the next super bowl, just too early. However, they started this themselves, either to try to get a heads up or for the purpose of collecting "mo" money for the war chest.
Because they started so early I will be watching for backtracks of early statements down the road. And of course if one of them does something really stupid we all need to jump on it. Notice, none of this is partisan, that is what we are way too early for.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:53 PM

My wife insists they have to start a year early to ac***ulate the cash needed to run for national office. She's "eating this all up," However common sense tells me the guy that waits a year will not need as much cash and by this time next year we will all be sick and tired of the present bunch!
I think the Republican senator from Nebraska decided this over coffee this very morning!
But GARY we all know here in New England who will be winning the next "Super Bowl." The World Series isthe only thing in doubt!

Old 03-13-2007, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

Well with a little help from the dolphins you just picked up wes welker, one of the best 3rd wide outs and not a bad kick and punt returner for a white boy.

Additionally just think how many more fund raisers you can have by starting a year early? You haven't started spending the money yet, just packin it in.

Old 03-13-2007, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

that year is still not enough.

i hear of "campaigns" still doing fund raisers AFTER
it is all said and done to pay for what they borrowed
while the running was still going..

Old 03-13-2007, 12:37 PM
Location: Canfield, Ohio (halfway between Cleveland and Pittsburgh)

Do we really want to start about the election so soon? I doubt if any of the present candidates will be here at this time next year. The press will have cut most of their legs off by then.
I'm waiting for a candidate who has been brought up in a normal household, got his or her education by attending college paid for by a sacrificing middle income family and not one tied to a specificate political party. (and cringes when he hears the "F" word)

hyperion just described Zal and Hillary

you mean to tell me we ain't having no presidential election this year.

GARY- but can he jump?

Old 03-18-2007, 04:48 AM
Super Moderator

BILL .. BILL ...

did you miss that?
i think i saw Kurtz .... I DID .. I DID ...

ORIGINAL: wcoates

hyperion just described Zal and Hillary

you mean to tell me we ain't having no presidential election this year.

GARY- but can he jump?
ORIGINAL: wcoates

personal attack-naw this is the off-topic forum.

Damn --forgot about getting legs chopped of also-naw still not personal.

==================

Old 03-18-2007, 12:31 PM

Bill forgot that if Hillary had a normal family her dad would have come after Bill with a shotgun years ago.. At least that's how JCS must see it from the west by-gone virginian's point of view!

Old 05-04-2007, 01:05 PM

G.A.R.Y:

If the Dems end up nominating Pol Pot, BCOP will be voting for him, even though he's dead now for a good 30-35 years.

So is the rest of their slate, by the way.

JCS

Old 05-04-2007, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

I think they are trying to recruit Putin..............