Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

the candidates

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator
Default the candidates

does anyone have a handle on the candidates yet?

when do we start following what they say and comparing
and/or rating the lies .. .. err .. .. the change of directions
each one of them makes?

Old 03-11-2007, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: the candidates

It's a bit early yet, imo, however things seem to be heating up. This election should provide great conversation. The fact that bcop visits here but does not post is a sure sign that he is not comfortable with the present political situation, imo. The dems have their best oppotunity in years, and I believe they have pre game jitters. We shall see.

Old 03-11-2007, 01:55 PM

What say we wait until this time next year when the pundits on both sides have shot their foots a multitude of times and some serious points can be brought up. That is as long as another Nichole Smith does not appear on the scene to steal your hearts away!
I doubt if any of the present candidates will be viable at that time.
I've already sent my note off to John McCain in his last solitation for funds that I believe he should withdraw and spend his career in the Senate where he can do the best job as long as he shows up for voting. Johns time past when the "shrub" did the dirty trick job on him in S. Carolina!
I know I shouldn't bring this up but "what the hey" at least Teddy realized this fact 39 yrs ago and decided to spend the rest of his life in the senate.

Old 03-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

zinzin,
my friend, you can be a glutton for punishment.

you know how hard it is for someone like myself
to refrain from such an opportunity? ohhhhhhhhhh .........

Old 03-11-2007, 02:11 PM
Location: Canfield, Ohio (halfway between Cleveland and Pittsburgh)

Oh no, The Rev. Falwell has just forgiven Newt, and Scientists are predicting doom 'cause of Global Warming' get out the ole retreads for '07 so we can get serious for '08. Go Hilliary and Barack!

Old 03-11-2007, 02:27 PM

Next, we will be demanding "whitewalls" and I still own a pair of "white bucks."

Old 03-12-2007, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: G.A.R.Y.

It's a bit early yet, imo, however things seem to be heating up. This election should provide great conversation. The fact that bcop visits here but does not post is a sure sign that he is not comfortable with the present political situation, imo. The dems have their best oppotunity in years, and I believe they have pre game jitters. We shall see.

My mistake, It appears that bcop is having a hard time posting, (per a post from somewhere else).

Stealth, mabey you can send him a message to find out what's going on.Zin may or may not be needing some help here as the election gets closer

Old 03-12-2007, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

i dont know if Odell can help zinzin.

as you know, zinzin is not so far being in Nantucket Sound as compared
Odell in another planet.

Old 03-12-2007, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

I gave him your e-mail anyway, see if you can help him out. Remember, the more the merrier.

Old 03-12-2007, 07:37 PM

Do we really want to start about the election so soon? I doubt if any of the present candidates will be here at this time next year. The press will have cut most of their legs off by then.
I'm waiting for a candidate who has been brought up in a normal household, got his or her education by attending college paid for by a sacrificing middle income family and not one tied to a specificate political party. (and cringes when he hears the "F" word)

Well maybe that's asking a lot for a presidential candidate.

Quick Reply: the candidates