Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Alternative fuels

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 01:26 PM
Default Alternative fuels

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to find some ideas and information on alterative fuels. The things I have been reading about are LP gas most of the info is coming out of europe conversion kits priceing and the other system that I am familiar with and have friends actually doing is desiel to cooking oil. Have a couple of friends in PA that have fry cooking type buissinesses that they get about 5 gal a week from and then burn that in desiel vehichle. It wasn't too hard to do a couple extra filters and seems to work well now that its summer they are trying to design a system that will work well for the winter basically what needs to be done is a heater core to get the desiel to about 90 degrees that keeps the fuel from gelling in the cold. Vegetable oil is about $3.00 a gal. and might be feasable now that it looks like we will be paying 4.00 a gallon soon.
I drive a car that needs high octain fuel so does anybody have ideas on alternatives that could be cost efective, what I have been reading is LP gas is a cheaper alternative but still expensive and does need to be converted to work.
There are a lot of smart people here and around the world that have the enginuity to figure out a good cheap alternative to gas-maybe hydrogen from water.
It just kills me that the midle-east has us by the you know what. It's time for us the people to come up with a better road to travel than the one we are on now. What are we going to depend on the oil companies car manufacturers goverment to do what should have been started in the 70's. I hope to get ideas and feadback from everybody.

Thank you for taking the time to read the rantings of this pissed of person. mike

Old 08-15-2006, 02:21 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Alternative fuels

i know of a few people running biodiesel in vehicles...the only problem is getting the cooking oil, as it is becoming popular..