Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

What is 1984 Gucci Biarritz worth?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Exclamation What is 1984 Gucci Biarritz worth?

I am trying to find out how much a 1984 Gucci Biarritz is worth. It is fully loaded with a sunroof. It has been sitting in a garage for 20 years. It does not run but only has 25,000 original miles on the engine. The only modification was the hood ornament was replaced with a regular Cadillac ornament. It has the original tires and rims, but the tires are all flat. Does anyone know how much it is worth or how many were made?

Thanks!

Old 10-15-2010, 10:11 PM
Tech Certified Members

It doesn't run, and the tires are all flat.....that's not really a great selling point!
I assume this is an Eldorado, right? I've heard about the cars, but don't know much about them. Not running is going to make it a little hard to get top dollar for it, so I wouldn't pay a lot more than I would for a regular Eldo of that year model.

Are you trying to buy or sell?

Old 10-15-2010, 10:31 PM

Yes, it is an El Dorado. I am checking for my mother, she is thinking of selling it she has finally decided (after all these years) that she will not drive it. Other than the tires, the car is actually is very good condition because it basically has not been driven and in a garage. I have been able to find on the internet Cadillac Sevilles that were Gucci and from what I can see there were only 200 of them made. I have not found one El Dorado. There is no wear or tear on the interior or any of the Gucci parts it is a very pretty car. I was thinking of putting it on Ebay for her so I did a search for the car and cannot find one like it at all that is why I went to this forum.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:37 PM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by msbone
I am trying to find out how much a 1984 Gucci Biarritz is worth. It is fully loaded with a sunroof. It has been sitting in a garage for 20 years. It does not run but only has 25,000 original miles on the engine. The only modification was the hood ornament was replaced with a regular Cadillac ornament. It has the original tires and rims, but the tires are all flat. Does anyone know how much it is worth or how many were made?

Thanks!
i guess we'd like to kno how do you know that? has an attempt been made to get'r running??

Old 10-15-2010, 10:53 PM

I am not sure what you are asking how I know what? It used to run. My mother is older and has always been too scared to drive it (she purchased it from a family member that bought it new) because she was always worried someone would try to rob her so she never drove it. It was an impulse buy and it sat in her garage for all of these years and has not been even started. I am fairly certain (lol) it would not run at this point. No, no one has ever even tried to start it in at least 17 years. It has served as a storage facility in her garage believe it or not.
My mother had always wanted it because it was a Gucci but once she had it she was too scared to drive it so she didn't.

Old 10-16-2010, 05:07 PM

I really do appreciate anyone's help on this. Unfortunately, my mother only had daughters and we know absolutely nothing about cars (we do know about Gucci.. ) My stepfather is very sick with cancer and we are trying to help her from far away with things that need to be taken care of. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks again!

Old 10-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Tech Certified Members

I found an '80 Eldo Gucci Edition advertised for $9800.
More pics of same car here

Old 10-17-2010, 02:21 PM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by msbone
I am not sure what you are asking how I know what? It used to run. My mother is older and has always been too scared to drive it (she purchased it from a family member that bought it new) because she was always worried someone would try to rob her so she never drove it. It was an impulse buy and it sat in her garage for all of these years and has not been even started. I am fairly certain (lol) it would not run at this point. No, no one has ever even tried to start it in at least 17 years. It has served as a storage facility in her garage believe it or not.
My mother had always wanted it because it was a Gucci but once she had it she was too scared to drive it so she didn't.

i am asking ....has anyone tryed to get the car running lately?? also, can you post any pics of the car??

Old 10-17-2010, 09:44 PM

Thanks Adams Apple and rickyd! I live in GA and she lives in Tampa, FL. I will be there over Thanksgiving but I am going to try to get my daughter to go there and get pics later this week. The car literally has been a storage facility sitting in my mothers garage so no one has even tried to start it since it was moved in the garage 17 years ago when she bought the house. It was driven in the garage and that is the last time it was ever started. Prior to that it sat in a garage for 3 years also. It is a pale yellow color and it almost looks like a new car. I will see what I can do to get some pictures posted. Thanks again.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:49 PM

is this car for sale

Quick Reply: What is 1984 Gucci Biarritz worth?