Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

Traction control malfunction light

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Default Traction control malfunction light

I have a cadillac cts which I bought about two months ago in uk (rhd). It's a 2007 cts sports lux. Shortly after I got it home,I had a puncture, which was fixed. After that I've had a TC malfunction light and 'Service stability system' come up.
I've taken it to a couple of diagnostic garages and they can't get into the system. There are no Cadillac garages within 200miles from me so:-
What do I need to clear these pop-ups. It's now getting b.... frustrating.

Old 08-07-2010, 08:42 AM

I'm not sure if i will be much help as I only bought mine just over a month ago and still researching them.
According to a Cadillac/Corvette technician on a UK website the brake pressure sensor can cause those lights to come on and it was a common fault with the UK cars if they were parked up for a while.

Where in the UK are you?

Old 08-07-2010, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by steff_1965
I'm not sure if i will be much help as I only bought mine just over a month ago and still researching them.
According to a Cadillac/Corvette technician on a UK website the brake pressure sensor can cause those lights to come on and it was a common fault with the UK cars if they were parked up for a while.

Where in the UK are you?
Hi Steff,
Thanks for your response.
I'm in Pembs. W. Wales. The car is OK (Brilliant), Handling etc. It's just the aggravating light and message that I can't get rid of. The garages that I've taken it to can get into engine management diagnostics but not into the bit that's causing me probs. I know I can get an OBD2 tool on ebay for about 80 quid but I think I need a Tech 2 which are about 3 grand. Not being a technical whizz I'm not sure that either would rectify the problem. I've looked on various webs for cures involving pressing a combination of buttons to get into the OBD but I most cases I haven't got enough buttons !!!.
Regards
T.