Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

Texas hello!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 01:00 PM
Talking Texas hello!

I'm Mike and I just bought my first Cadillac. It's a 97 Deville. I purchased this car dirt cheap knowing it had the head gasket/bolt problem. It also has the common blank ipc. My son and I needed a new project and I needed a reliable daily driver I can fit my family in, so this was a no brainer! We have the engine disassembled, cleaned, inspected, and re-built. We are currently waiting on our studs from Northstar performance to arrive before we can proceed. I think they are clearing customs, although I'm not 100% sure. As far as the engine, We replaced all bearings, piston rings, 12 of 32 lifters, oil pump, misc. timing components, oil manifold, and all seals/gaskets. Cylinder heads were cleaned and valves were lapped. I couldn't believe how great the condition was! I'm probably forgetting something, but you get the idea. I'd like to say thanks to the members here, both past and present, as I found tons of valuable information on this Northstar!