Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

Sign papers today

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 09:17 AM
Default Sign papers today

Hi everyone. Just logged on for the first time today. Have been a Lincoln owner for many years, but today I'm trading my 1997 Lincoln for a 2002 Deville Sedan. It's got 20,000 miles on it and in very good shape.

Anyone else got the 2002 model? Hopefully I'll hear some good things about this car before I sign those papers. I would like to hear your feedback!!

New to Forum from Erie, Pa

Old 08-09-2006, 09:44 AM
Default RE: Sign papers today

One other question. Should I buy the extended warranty? I'm not too sure about the reliability. The dealer only gives me 4 months or 4,000 miles.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator

A warranty is a gamble.
If you pay for a warranty then you are gambling the car will need repairs equal or higher than the amount of the policy.
The good thing is you know how much you are spending up front instead of having a suprise repair bill come along.

The Cadillac preowned certified is the best you can get with GMPP being a close second depending on which level you buy.
Becareful of the aftermarket extended policys as they can have many things not covered in the fine print.

An $800 repair bill is not uncommon on any late model cars nowadays.

Old 08-10-2006, 08:22 AM

Well, didn't get the car yesterday as planned. I told them I wouldn't buy the car until they aligned it.

When I first took the car for a test ride it drove ok except it pulled a little to the left. They found it needed strut mounts before they could align it. It's only got 20,000 miles on it, why strut mounts already? Now I'm really wondering if I should get that warranty. They also put new tires all around and brakes, which makes me wonder why they wouldn't have aligned it already, especially after installing new tires.

It's a beautiful car. Exterior perfect, interior perfect and drives like a dream, but the reason I got rid of my Lincoln was because I couldn't afford the maintenance, and I had the warranty on it, but had a deductible. I hope this doesn't happen with the Caddy.

I haven't signed the papers yet. I told them I wouldn't until I drove it after the alignment. The car should be ready today.

Still waiting to hear some feedback on the 2002 Deville, whether good or bad. Still have one more day before the big decision.

Old 08-12-2006, 11:08 AM

Took the Cadillac for one more ride after the alignment and decided to buy it. Couldn't resist the 20,000 miles and the car does ride like a dream.

The car is a Cadillac Deville ninety special. Does anyone know what ninety special means? I can't find anything on the internet.