Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

Proud Owner of a 91 Deville Touring Sedan!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 11:32 AM
Default Proud Owner of a 91 Deville Touring Sedan!

I love my Cadillac!
I had been driving a 69 El Camino and then a 74 Nova to work. Both nicely modified hot rods, long on power but short on comfort. I decided It was time for some luxury and style and started shopping around for a Cadillac. My first impulse was to get a Northstar but I saw an ad in the newspaper (a lot of older Cadillac owners don't advertise on the net) for this 91 Touring Sedan. I had not heard of one and went to check it out. Nice Car! White with tan leather. This poor guy went into the old folks home and I bought it for 2 grand from his sister. 93,000 miles. (15,000 miles in the last ten years! ) Lots of receipts for maintenance, tires, brakes etc. Car cover, duster, this old guy loved his car. He didn't have many friends because the upholstry looks like new!
I love this youtube link It's from and old "Motor Week" episode. It's all about my Car!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM5rac0hPqk

My car is identicle to the one in the video!

I have a couple of questions I could not answer from the owners mauual.
The three little lights on top of each front fender... one lights up when the turn signals on. Are the other two lights supposed to light up for something?
The sunroof has four buttons, open, close, prop up the back. What is the last button for?
Best regards from Sacramento,
Chris

Old 11-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Proud Owner of a 91 Deville Touring Sedan!

Nice score, you are going to love this car, nothng like riding around in a Cadillac, make syou want to take the long routes everywhere you go. I just got a 93 Fleetwood for $1,700, from an 80 year old gentleman and I love driving it more than my newer Northstar Deville.

The fibre optics on the front fender show you when the headligts (white), hi beams (blue)and turn signals (amber) are working. You should also have a pod visible in your rear view for rear lights, brakes and turn.

Check out the following link for owner's manuals and help on the sun roof. I don't see a 91 manual but there is a 93 which has to be almost identical.

http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/resources-cad.html#om