Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

My Sweet 94 Eldorado TC

Old 06-27-2013, 02:06 PM
Default My Sweet 94 Eldorado TC

I've got a couple of issues with this car. Purchased it last year and it ran perfectly up until about two months ago. Since then I've had to replace the alternator and the instrument cluster is acting up on me. It comes and goes, mostly goes anymore, it hardly ever comes on. This morning on the way to work the service engine soon light flashed on then went off. The car seemed to hesitate for a moment then went back to running normally. This happened for about the last five miles I drove this morning and since the instrument panel is not working I have no idea why it would do this. I check the oil and coolant every other day out of sheer paranoia but have noticed no significant drops in levels. PLEASE HELP! NOT SURE HOW TO FIX THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER OR IF THAT IS EVEN THE PROBLEM. NO IDEA WHY THE SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT WOULD DO WHAT IT IS DOING, ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. Honestly I love this car and can't bare to see it die. Thanks for your time.