Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

Martin Cadillac, Englewood, NJ: Stimulus Can't Fix This

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 10:37 AM
Default Martin Cadillac, Englewood, NJ: Stimulus Can't Fix This

After filing complaints to Better Business Bureau, Consumer Protection Office and Fair Trade Commission, GM finally responded. It directed me to Grand Prize Cadillac in Nyack, NY (not Martin Cadillac!) to repair my car.

It is sad that it had to take government agency's involvement for GM/Cadillac to properly service its customer. To my dismay, Martin Cadillac was not even in the picture in resolution of my service issues although I bought my car from them and it is closest dealer from my home.

I have always driven Japanese cars and this was first time purchasing American car somehow believing all the recent events with the Big Three have helped them wake up and get their acts together. Based on my experience, GM and its dealers, especially Martin Cadillac, still have a long way to go to catch up their foreign competitions.

What I had to endure after giving them $54K business -- lack of professionalism in dealing with clients, unresponsiveness to customer issues/concerns and lack of timeliness in resolving problems -- epitomizes the problems of American Car industry.

As for me, I am going back to Japanese/Korean next time I buy my car.