Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 06:01 AM
Default Introduction

Hello, all. I'm a Caddie owner/lover. It started when I bought my Dad's '83 DeVille. What a sweet car. I have four kids and it was a perfect fit for road trips! I even took it with me when I was transferred to Spain. Boy, you should have seen the eyes pop! Later on, I bought a 2000 DeVille DHS. That is a beauty, still is. It's starting to show its' age a bit now. That's one of the reasons I'm here. We just bought an '06 XLR. Woo-hoo! That is a schweet ride. It's still under warranty. I'm in the process trying to locate a good dealer in my area (Maryland/Virgina/DC). The dealer I had to do my warranty repairs on the DHS was less than satisfactory. Every time I took it in for maintenance, they broke something. One time they broke the windshield while changing a panel light in the dash...go figure. Anyway, I look forward to being a part of this forum and hope to contribute some of my experiences. Thanks! charlieb

Old 11-20-2007, 08:11 AM
Default RE: Introduction

Welcome to the Cadillac Forum!!!

Old 11-20-2007, 08:12 AM
Tech Certified Members

check out this car for me. if the guy that found it doesnt get it, i'm next in line.

https://www.cadillacforum.com/m_15403/tm.htm

Old 11-20-2007, 08:31 AM
Tech Certified Members

charlieb,,,,hey welcome to the Forum! great place with lots of info for ya...... see ya round
rickyd

Old 11-20-2007, 08:33 AM

Hey, stomper.

Yeah, I saw that. A very stylish car. For $1,000 is sounds like a steal. My '83 was really showing wear-and-tear when I let her go to charity. Face it, the seats are all leather and after nearly 25 years, they are going to show their age; rubbed, cracking, etc. Mine suffered the additional stress of 4 kids, too! With only 133K miles (mine had 243K and the engine was still strong and leak free), this might indicate that it was well taken care of. Under the hood, you will find a crowded, confusing run of hoses and cables. I remember having some difficulty in locating the diagrams that matched my car. Even the factory smog diagram sticker on the radiator cowling didn't match! I had some corrosion issues with wiring (with the altenator, specifically) and exterior lights. I didn't notice the antennae in the pics. This was an automatic aerial that extended and retracted with the on/off switch on the radio. It broke alot. About $125 to replace. After the third time, I just left it up all the time...no biggie. Another age-related blemish were the plastic "shock absorbers" between the rear quarter panels and the bumper/tailights. They crack with age. You can get replacements. Can't tell in the picture what shape they're in. It also has OBD (which can be reset by the user). Take it out and run it through the paces. Especially a downshift going uphill. If there's an issue, you'll get a yellowor red check engine light. Might not be anything serious, but the owner could probably fill you in.

Old 11-28-2007, 05:23 PM

Welcome to the forum