Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

HELP!!! 2006 Cadillac SRX

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 01:42 AM
Default HELP!!! 2006 Cadillac SRX

First time posting and I’m a new member. So bare with me!

I’m ready to pull my hair out! Neither one of my key fobs will work to lock or unlock my doors! 😡 Now, I know you’re all thinking of the obvious; change the batteries, take it to get reprogrammed (you can’t manually do it with the 06 model to the best of my knowledge and the internet). But, WAIT! There’s more! 😂 The alarm and rear hatch buttons WORK! So they ARE programmed to my car and both batteries are good. It started quite awhile ago. I’ve had it since 2012 (but problem started within the last year). At first it wouldn’t unlock occasionally or at certain places (like the Walmart parking lot!?). So of course I changed the batteries. I’ve gone probably the past six months straight having to manually unlock the doors with my key (I know, I know, first world problems! &#128580. But as a single mother who lives in Michigan I’m not looking forward to the winter and having to make my kids wait to get in...and I am so lazy and hate having to walk around to the drivers side to unlock it because it’s the only handle with a lock. Gosh, I didn’t realize who trivial my annoying problem is until typing this.

Theres also other weird electrical? problems that have popped up. My power seat doesn’t move back and forth anymore? But every other setting in the power seats, including heat, work fine without any problems. And the button on the rear hatch to automatically put it down stopped working randomly also. When I push it it makes that automatic noise like it’s going to work but doesn’t move? As stated above it opens automatically with the key fob button though, so I assume the motor is fine?

I absolutely LOVE my SRX and plan to keep it as long as possible, even if I have to make my sons push it down the road because it dies! But these little issues are driving me crazy because I can’t figure them out and it feels like it should be so easy!!!

Thanks for toughing it out and reading all this! You’d be my hero if anyone could help!