Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

Hello from the Netherlands

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 04:06 AM
Default Hello from the Netherlands

Dear all,

I'm new on this forum, so a short introduction: My name is Antoon and I live in the Netherlands.
8 years ago I bought a 73 Corvette (my dream car when I was young) and 4 years ago I bought a 78 Seville Elegante because we expected a daughter and the Corvette has only space for two (-: Currently the Seville is my daily driver.

Because the Seville becomes old, I just bought a newer car, a 92 Eldorado, which I imported from California myself.
Yesterday I received my Dutch plates for the car and the idea is that the Eldorado will be my daily driver from now on (leaving the Seville as a spare car).

To help others keeping their Seville driving, I created www.cadillacseville.org. Unfortunately I don't have the time to expand the site although I have tons of material that I want to publish on the site.

Last edited by Toontje; 06-01-2018 at 04:37 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Hello from the Netherlands

hi, are you sure you have the web site spelled correctly? why not www.cadillacseville.org ....... welcome to this Forum !!
rickyd

yes... my spelling for your site works..... lol lmao.... come on man, its your site....lol

rickyd

Old 12-03-2008, 08:25 AM

Thanks rickyd for letting me know. I corrected the typo

Old 12-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

Did you know.....

that the Seville was manufactured in Iran under the brand of "Cadillac Iran" during 1970s and 1980s, by Pars Khodro, which was known as "Iran General Motors" in 1970s?
Iran had a factory?

Also, go to this link, start a new thread and put in your site's info ..
https://www.cadillacforum.com/forumid_59/tt.htm

Of course, you will consider putting a link to our site on you site for the other Cadillacs ?

Old 12-03-2008, 12:54 PM
Tech Certified Members

Toontje, i apologize, i was a little rude there.... just thought it to be a little funny..... again, sorry for the remark. by the way, good luck with your site!
rickyd

Old 12-03-2008, 02:32 PM

rickyd, don't worry, I didn't take your answer as rude.

As I already wrote, time is really an issue here. Currently I'm diving into the tech details of my new 92 Eldo, which means that the Seville is second priority and the website even further down the list.

I have no idea if there are many European Cadillac drivers over here.
In the Netherlands we have quite an active US-car scene because the old-car-friendly-tax-rules over here.
Also the availability of LPG ($0.50/L) makes driving an old US car affordable.

Overhere winter is just starting with temperatures in the night around 0 degr. C. This must be quite a shock for the Eldorado which lived for 16 years in the LA area
This mornig there was frozen snow all over the car, but it fired up right away.