Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

Hello, I am German

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 01:27 PM
Smile Hello, I am German

Hello, new friends:

I was born in Germany 1957. Since childhood had much admiration to this famous American car brand.
What best impression cause to me:
* In comparison with other international luxury car brands that a "Caddy" is much car for less money than the others.
* A "Caddy" has always its own face, different from that of most european luxury cars.

I am married and have a quite large family.

Yours truly:

Toivo

Old 10-20-2012, 10:53 AM

Toivo,

Welcome to the world of Cadillac! Nice to see you here. I understand that there is quite a lot of American iron, Cadillac and others, in Europe. I see cars going overseas quite often.

Do you have a Cad yet? I own a 1955 Coupe deVille. I have named her The Gray Lady. She has her own website, that has quite a lot of 1955 Cadillac information -
default.htm (The Gray Lady Web Site Main Menu)

Old 10-22-2012, 01:46 PM

Dear OldsD88:

Thanks for your kind reply! I still do not have any.
First time I saw a Caddy physically and not in TV, was when in my mother country in the 70ties the "Seville" appeared. How complete the car! When the owner accelerated to drive away, its Big Block V8 almost made no noise, only a slight "tic, tic, tic" I listened. I "fell in love" imediately! Contrary to many cheaper american cars of that time: especially some models of Ford Company did a noise like a mono-motor aeroplain taking off!

Today I seriously think about buying the Escalade Hybrid:
* My family has 7 members, the car has 8 seats.
* A car of almost 3 tons of empty weight that has the same fuel consume as a small oldfashioned "Volkswagen Beetle" (with its air-cooled 4-boxer rear engine, the modern actual Beetle Recovery-version consumes even less). That's sensational!
* In spite of it conserves still its beatiful Big Block V8 and not only a V6, like most of hybrid cars.

I also have some criticism about this Cadillac that make me doubt, if it is really a good buy: ugly factory painting colours available, too small payload for 8 persons on board, hybrid not available in the extended version of the Escalade model.

Yours truly: European Caddyfan