Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

Hello everyone! My first car! 1977 caddy

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 02:02 AM
Default Hello everyone! My first car! 1977 caddy

Hello Everyone! My name is VON, I've decided to join this forum because I got my first car this year. (I am 17) . A 1977 Cadillac deville sedan, 425cid V8 180 horsepower. Here's a picture of me and my car
[align=center]

I have a whole list of things that need to be done on him, He has 151,000miles but still runs solid. He used to be my father's car. When I turned 17 this year he gave me MR BANANA BOAT as a christmas and birthday gift. He knew how much I admire the cadillac I asked if I could have him. Because MR BANANA BOAT just sat for years and years rotten away. . . I have 2,000$ saved up in my bank account. This money will be used into my car. People ask me all the time, Why would I invest money I was saving into a old car? Well cars are my passion but most people don't understand that. I rather get my hands dirty then go shoe shopping

I am planning to get most of the importing stuff fixed before I do anything about the cosmetic appearance of the car. The tires are dry rotted, the front ball joint is messed up. about 90% of everything on the car is all original. There are some rust spots which can easily be fixed up with paint. The motor fires right up and runs great. The Alternator belt is loose and makes noises (annoying ones) I would name more but I am kinda getting lazy now haha XD

I hope by coming here I will learn more about my car and ways to fix things etc.
Thanks for reading

[/align]

Old 01-07-2009, 01:47 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Hello everyone! My first car! 1977 caddy

von.... you and the car.......HOT !!....... like it.... well, welcome to the forum. you'll find lots of info here to help you along the way. if not, just ask.
rickyd

Old 01-07-2009, 05:29 PM

Thanks! Haha Hot lol... xDD i guess! Yes Thanks! I will ask whenever I need help. . . It just seems hard to find anything about 1977 cadillacs i been searching high and low. Also i can't decide on a pair of wheels for this boat! So if you got any sugguestions on wheels that'd look good on him?

Old 01-07-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Certified Members

Welcome, The 'Banana' really doesn't look that bad. Wheels are a matter of personal style. The rear bumper fillers are a must, I suggest to find them! Originals have long been discontinued, but I believe they are available in the aftermarket (non GM). I think the West Coast members need to jump in, beyond what I see.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:10 AM

Yes I know a company that does after market fillers for the tail lights, I have to get them covered. . I am scared someone will mess with the wires if I am parked at a store! Is this place decently priced? http://www.bumperfillers.com/ 142$ for the back fillers for the tail lights.

I have to get the cars tires fixed no matter what, they are dry rotted! so why not get a nice pair of wheels too?

Does anyone think getting the paint color to this car will be hard?

Still looking for suggestions on a pair of sweet rims!

Old 01-08-2009, 09:30 AM

Hey Vonaro,
Love the car, and that is one of my favorite colors for Cadillac. It was very popular back in the 70's but has since gone away.Here's an ad for your car (in 2 door)sporting that color.

You may find that you can bring that finish back to life with great results by just having it professionally detailed ( a compound and claying of the paint surface)
As for the wheels, I'm a nut for keeping stuff as stock as possible.. I'd go for some oigianal Cadillac Wire covers (and you can get them with locks, so they can't be stolen) these below are for a fleetwood, but look the same for the DeVille as well, minus the wreath around the Cadillac crest in the middle.. But I'd bet no one would ever know the differance

Old 01-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Tech Certified Members

von.... the color is the coolest..... as carnut said, have it detailed and that will do wonders.... good luck von... keep us up to snuff on whats goin on
rickyd

Old 01-08-2009, 12:58 PM

Thanks guys I love the color too. I just wasn't sure how I'd get that original shine back to it (My dad never WAXED THE CAR!!)
There are some rust spots on the car. just a few. . .

Also, I love those hub caps, I saw a place selling them but they where 100$ a piece! X X Maybe I can find them on ebay

Old 01-08-2009, 01:24 PM

Oh yeh almost forgot what was sitting in the big *** trunk of my caddy!
I have 3 of the original hub caps! But I am not really crazy about them. . . I think the car could use something cooler and sassier looking. My dad used to have wire rims on the car it was beautiful.

Also I have all the original papers and manual to the car.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:30 PM
Tech Certified Members

Hey Von: If that filler price is for the pair , it's not a bad price at all. A source I have is asking $ 115.00 each. Good luck on your project.............

Quick Reply: Hello everyone! My first car! 1977 caddy