Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

Greetings

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 09:58 AM
Default Greetings

Hello Everyone,

I purchased my first Cadillac a week ago, Saturday. (12/15) It's a CPO 2005 CTS. V-6, auto. It has the 1SC equipment group, sport pkg, luxury pkg, nav and is diamond white. The first thing I did when I gotit home was change the oil, CPO or not, its cheap insurance. By the way, clever location for the filter. Had me going for a minute. I never imagined myself in a Cadillac but when I saw them racing on the road courses, I thought, "That's a good looking car." I have one question (for now), though I'm not sure if this is the right place for it. My car has a chrome wire mesh grille. Is that optional or aftermarket? I have the original window sticker and can find nothing mentioned about it.I've seen a few, but not many. I'm kind ofa gearhead myself, although the newer cars are getting tougher to work on. I'm lucky to have a company truck to drive to work so this will truly be my "touring" vehicle. I'm looking forward to corresponding with you.

Best, Michael.

Old 12-24-2007, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Greetings

ORIGINAL: Underdog

Hello Everyone,

I purchased my first Cadillac a week ago, Saturday. (12/15) It's a CPO 2005 CTS. V-6, auto. It has the 1SC equipment group, sport pkg, luxury pkg, nav and is diamond white. The first thing I did when I gotit home was change the oil, CPO or not, its cheap insurance. By the way, clever location for the filter. Had me going for a minute. I never imagined myself in a Cadillac but when I saw them racing on the road courses, I thought, "That's a good looking car." I have one question (for now), though I'm not sure if this is the right place for it. My car has a chrome wire mesh grille. Is that optional or aftermarket? I have the original window sticker and can find nothing mentioned about it.I've seen a few, but not many. I'm kind ofa gearhead myself, although the newer cars are getting tougher to work on. I'm lucky to have a company truck to drive to work so this will truly be my "touring" vehicle. I'm looking forward to corresponding with you.

Best, Michael.

not sure what you got .. but this is the custom grill offered by one of
our sponsors you see on the right side of this window.

I believe the CTS has the typical Cadillac grill.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2893/BFF8A143637B408DB398BA7B23B9AD82.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-26-2007, 12:39 PM
Default RE: Greetings

Welcome to the Cadillac Forum!!