Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

do you think the 92-02 eldos will become collector cars?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Default do you think the 92-02 eldos will become collector cars?

hello everybody, my name is Victor, im from Mexico and im a american cars lover, specially mustang, muscle cars and caddys.Im a proudly owner of a 1994 eldo touring coupe in excelent conditions. Few eldos come to Mexico in these years.talking with some car collectors they talk to me "your cadillac have high posibilities to become a collector car for the great looking great handling and 2 door style car. dont sell it" what do you think about it???

Old 10-02-2009, 06:21 PM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by vic.men
hello everybody, my name is Victor, im from Mexico and im a american cars lover, specially mustang, muscle cars and caddys.Im a proudly owner of a 1994 eldo touring coupe in excelent conditions. Few eldos come to Mexico in these years.talking with some car collectors they talk to me "your cadillac have high posibilities to become a collector car for the great looking great handling and 2 door style car. dont sell it" what do you think about it???

all cars get to a collectible level at the ripe age of 40 to 50 yrs .. some are even worth some decent money.

few, VERY FEW get to that level in less than 20 years, some even become collectible the day they are made ..

Any production Cadillac fits into the 1st criteria, including the "limited" (around 3,000 / year) production cars like the '87 Allante which at 22 years is but a town beater and near worthless ...

Unless you are buying a ready and already classic car, just enjoy the ride for what it is. You will be less disappointed as the years go by.

Last edited by stomper; 10-02-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Tech Certified Members

Non Northstar models are doubtful to become collectible, the rest eventually will. Whether they will appreciate like Vettes is unlikely. The Eldorado has an advantage over the Allante because of strength of the name and it's history. It will take decades before it will reach value close to what is sold for new if ever. Not to bash the Allante, the car was not very good when it came out in 87, by 89 it was overall a great car however the damage was done. The tarnished reputation never went away, and it never reached the demand level to appreciate like it should have. Collectibles are trendy, no matter what it is. If you like your car keep it, if you tire of it sell it; holding on to it in hope it is going to gain 10 times its present value in 5-10yrs is foolish.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:29 AM

thank you very much, I appreciate your comments, my interest is not the monetary amount the car is worth in the future, my interest is that if this car can be a collectible a few years then I save and leave a legacy or daughter who now has 10 years and she loves the car.