Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

The Call

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 11:24 PM
Default The Call

Once upon a time, about two months ago, I was riding down a country road to a job I was working on...... and something caught my eye. Perhaps, long ago, it was someone's pride and joy, however, it's luck had ran out. The wheels in my head turned. I rode by it seven more days and couldn't fight the call. I left a note at the home nearest it ( it was in a field ).I ended up almost forgetting about it and the phone rang. It was the owner and he said he wanted to sell it for $350. I knew it must be inoperable. Not so, It is a running1980 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham de elegance. Straight body,good interior, thrashed top, and minimal rust. I drove it about 60 miles to my home. I am amazed to say the very least. I have always had a soft spot for the big body Cadillacs and this is my first. So, this is the beginning of my journey.After getting all of the gremlins expelled, I will put new color and a top on it and make it something my girl might actually ride in with me.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:10 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: The Call

ORIGINAL: dwpnz

Once upon a time, about two months ago, I was riding down a country road to a job I was working on...... and something caught my eye. Perhaps, long ago, it was someone's pride and joy, however, it's luck had ran out. The wheels in my head turned. I rode by it seven more days and couldn't fight the call. I left a note at the home nearest it ( it was in a field ).I ended up almost forgetting about it and the phone rang. It was the owner and he said he wanted to sell it for $350. I knew it must be inoperable. Not so, It is a running1980 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham de elegance. Straight body,good interior, thrashed top, and minimal rust. I drove it about 60 miles to my home. I am amazed to say the very least. I have always had a soft spot for the big body Cadillacs and this is my first. So, this is the beginning of my journey.After getting all of the gremlins expelled, I will put new color and a top on it and make it something my girl might actually ride in with me.

i look back at all the cars i spotted in ruins and still i passed them by .. how i regret not doing as you have done.

nice going ...

Old 03-26-2008, 10:00 AM
Tech Certified Members

Good scoop dwp, I have the 81 and if you need any info or help on the gremlins, I have some of the manuals for this model. Hope you and your gal enjoy your ride, it really is a nice highway car.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:09 PM

I must say.....it rides likea Cadillac. I am very pleased with it. It is a bit more than one would expect for the price. I found a 500bb and 400 trans in a 1970 sedan deville for $500. I may take the plunge.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:32 AM

I haven't been working a lot lately, so this will be my new workplace for a while. I must heed the call.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6020/4D77467EB0CE4CF28A2FCFA58FB702DD.jpg[/IMG]