Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

BLS owner... new to forum!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 05:19 PM
Default BLS owner... new to forum!

Hey guys... I'm new to this forum and have a BLS.... I've had it about 8 months now and it drives exactly like a Saab 9-3 (because they're the same car!)

I am having HUGE problems in finding any parts... I live in UK and have found out that we only have 3 authorised Cadillac service centres and the closest to London is about 50 miles north in Milton Keynes... not very well thought out!

I'd appreciate any help you guys can give me n if there's anyone else who owns a BLS... where can I get parts?

Old 01-06-2009, 09:05 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: BLS owner... new to forum!

Welcome, Unfortunately BLS is not available in N.A. at this time, but if we can we will be happy to help you.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

try here

Cadillac BLS - Parts and Spares US

Old 01-12-2009, 10:53 AM

Thanks... I've just been to the Cadillac pdi and they have problems getting parts... but I'm trying for to get hold of an OEM parts list so I can do a few mods myself.... and check compatability with other Caddy parts...

Old 01-27-2009, 10:47 AM

Hi All, 1st Post !!!!, I also live in the UK and have a BLS but there was 5 authorised dealers ..... now only 3 !!! I have had my service and warranty work carried out ata Evans Halshaw garage and I have the the Director of Opperations Email address to get any problem sorted as I live in Newcastle and they wanted me to take my car to Milton Keynes Stratstone and I managed to get intouch with him through Pendragon UK and he has authorised any warranty work to be carried out at any Stratstone / Evans Halshaw of my choice,,,, so if you need help in that department just let me know !!!

As for Parts !!!!! pls help me !!! lol !!! I had to wait 2 month for a new Grill as my old one was cracked !!!!

Also What parts / Mods do you require as I have the Sport Luxury model but I hate the wood trim inside !!! and I would love them wheels on the BLS estate in some of the other pics !!! also the vectra 19" VXR alloys look mint on the BLS.

Will ad pics of mine soon.
Cheers All

Paul.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:11 AM

Hi guys...

Welcome Paul!

I've just been researching and all the power upgrades that are done on the Saab 9-3 can be performed on the BLS too... I have the 1.9 diesel and the power output can be upgraded to 175 bhp from 150 along with increased fuel economy... this is only a software upgrade which has been done on ALL the new BLS diesels... do you know if I can get this done via warranty for free?... or cheaper that I have been quoted? (£850 inc VAT)

I've just got hold of some V series centre caps for the rims as mine were faded when I bought them... u must have this problem too as Cadillac have admitted to this... got a better price than Caddy UK thru ebay and they fit.... just so u know the measurement for the centre caps is 2 5/8"

i'm waiting for a quote on a rear bumper respray as my car got egged over xmas and as it was frozen on, it took of the paint with it...

As u can see the main mod I want is for fuel economy as I'm barely getting 35 mpg on the motorway which is WAY below the norm... I've put redex in the engine... taken EVERYTHING out of the boot... and the most I've got was 40 mpg in Antwerpe on the motorway but that was because I was hypermiling the whole way!... any ideas why?... or anyone else for that matter?

Gotta run... take care!

MJ

Old 01-28-2009, 08:14 AM

Thankyou for the kind welcome !!

dont see them doing power upgrades on warranty but from what you are saying you can get your ecu unlocked which you can choose your BHP from the standard 150 upto about 203 ish !!! which should only cosk a maximum of £250.

Yea I have the same problem with my center caps aswell !!!!

And there is deffo something wrong with your car for you to get that MPG..... I drive like an absolute **** .... flat out everywhere and im getting no less that 36.2 around the doors and when I went to Derby I sat at a smooth 90 all the way and was averaging 46 MPG and on the way home I sat at 70 due to the Police and it was averaging mid 50s.

Cheers
Paul.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:50 AM

So which engine have you got in yours?

I've been praying for proper mpg.... it changed for the better once i had ALL my tires changed in Dec (some b**stard) put nails in all four tires.... I've stopped parking it anywhere near there now!...

I have some warranty work that being carried out on the car once they've received the part... and that should sort out the issues I've been having with the traction control swtiching off... they've had to order a new steering column!... I check it out and it's the same part no as the Saab... dunno why it's taking them soooo long ot do it!

If ur's is a diesel aswell... then I REALLY need to get this junk sorted...

I shall try and put up some pics when I get a chance... but will wait until my centre caps have arrived as with the V series logo my mate's manage to get his hands on... will confuse anyone! lol

Old 01-30-2009, 01:46 PM

Sorry 2 hear bout the tyres ...... some jealous little **** !!!! mine is the 1.9d 150bhp, my mate has the saab 93 and he had a new colum due to the steering lock jamming on !!!!

Ive tried 2 put pics up but this site wont let me ?? it said uploaded but they havent appeared ???

which garrage did you buy your can from ??? if it was the same as me i will pass on the details I have and they will probably sort it out within a week !!!!

Cheers
Paul.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:01 AM

Hi Paul.. sorry for the delay... have had issues with internet!

I got the car form Stratstone near Aylesbury... will tell u the exact one once I find the invoice... but it was a Land Rover one and so I got a great deal on the car... I had a Jeep Cherokee to trade in...

I finally got back thru to the MK pdi and they've got the part in and I should have it fitted by Saturday.... just a matter of being able to get to them!...

but it couldn't have come at a better time as I now have to fight with the steering to get the car in a straight line! :-(

I bought the V-series caps but they're slightly too large... am working on a way to retro fit them!

BUT u will SERIOUSLY laugh at this... if u use fairy liquid with a scourer on the original caps and just keep scrubbing for about 30 secs... they'll come back to the original colour... the gloss will be stripped off... working on a way to get that back... but it makes a HUGE difference to the car...

do u know anyone who does paint work?... Some retards covered the back of my car with egg which froze to the car and somehow peeled off the paint on the rear bumper when I washed it off... SOOO P***ED!

my mpg is now struggling at a painful 32!... I think I have the same model as u... mine's a manual.. am looking into what sound systems I can fit in without losing the wheel controls and want to fit an aftermarket sub (nothing too powerful... just enough to take away the stress from the current speakers).. then tint the windows ... then my outer mods are complete...

I have the schematic for the centre console if you ever need to take it apart to run wires through... it's identical in layout to the Saab version except that the ignition section is replaced with the cupholders meaning that there's less to go wrong if you open it up!! :-D

I think the pics don't appear because of ur IP address.... Google "US IP addresses" and it should solve the issue... I haven't tried yet as I haven't messed about with the pics of my car as yet!

Take care

MJ

Quick Reply: BLS owner... new to forum!