General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

xlr cd changer problem,

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 04:15 PM
Default xlr cd changer problem,

hello, i am having some troubles with my 6 disc cd changer and hope someone here can offer some knowledge. i have looked throughout the forums but not seen the problem i have discussed, some similar but not quite the same , here goes....

i have a 2004 cadillac xlr. the problem that i am having is when i insert a cd, it sounds like it is rubbing, it spins for about thirty seconds then says "cd error" when i select another disk, it starts to load then i will select the disc that was rubbing, it then plays ok, but you cannot skip tracks forward, if you listen to a few songs you can skip back songs but as soon as you skip a track forward it changed discs to the next cd.

i disconnected the battery for a few minutes and upon reconnection it initializes all the discs that are in the player and you can skip back or forward no problem as long as they are in the cd player upon reconnection of the battery. but as soon as i eject a cd and insert another it rubs and will not skip tracks properly. the only time it rubs it when a disk is inserted. when i eject disk it shows no signs of being scratched or rubbing on the edges.

i was wondering if there is any fix or a way you could re-initialize the cd player without having to disconnect the battery every time. any information would be greatly appreciated!! thanks

nino