General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where are all the posts on CTS-V or any other CTS or Vodka?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 12:02 AM
Default Where are all the posts on CTS-V or any other CTS or Vodka?

Come on Caddy guys how are your V's and other cts's?

Old 12-13-2009, 08:29 AM

I guess everybody is out enjoying their cars!

Old 12-17-2009, 09:08 PM

Some guys are enjoying... in Russia http://www.car-or-car.com/CADILLAC/C..._2008_1_1.html

Old 12-18-2009, 03:11 PM

9 to 14 mpg? That must be some bad gas. I average 26 in my 3.6L (2005)

Old 12-19-2009, 05:53 AM

Quite economical

Old 12-19-2009, 08:56 AM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by vagit
Some guys are enjoying... in Russia http://www.car-or-car.com/CADILLAC/C..._2008_1_1.html
FUEL CONSUMPTION: - 16 – 25 liters/100km (9.4 – 14.7mpg)
АИ-92 gasoline (regular)

this is the 1st time i seen such low ratings on fuel consumption.
maybe he meant 9.4 to 14.7 mpl - miles per liter ?

or he is running Vodka which may well be cheaper in Russia than dino fuel.

Old 12-19-2009, 09:29 AM
Tech Certified Members

The 4-7000 RPM engine speeds being normal operation to owner could also a factor - ya think

Old 12-19-2009, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

1. 6-speed a/t can be changed manually.
  2. Bad quality gasoline harms the V6 engine. RPM is not stable at the firsts 10-20 seconds.
  3. Low forward part is problem on Russian roads.

low grade VODKA ?
icy roads ? doesnt it get to like -40F in some areas there ?
manual shifting? maybe he is driving in low gear ?

Old 12-21-2009, 12:22 AM

Dear Stomper,

if you invent the Vodka (or spirit) which is cheaper than dino fuel you become billionaire. More over, Greenpeace would have been kissing your... ω (I don't know the English name of this word) to callus.

To Stealth. There is no low grade Vodka in the Russia at least. The lowest grade is 40%.

In serious, the Caddilac is one of the rarest vehicle in the Russia, more over I have found only one unbiased consumer review about 2.8 L Engine CTS in Russian web, and couple ad articles about 3.6 engine. If you you want to write some sentences about your Caddilac it would be very useful for persons who are going to buy the car. You and other can make a brilliant display of your knowledges and pictures on my http://www.car-or-car.com site
Best regards.

Old 12-21-2009, 02:02 AM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by vagit
Dear Stomper,

if you invent the Vodka (or spirit) which is cheaper than dino fuel you become billionaire. More over, Greenpeace would have been kissing your... ω (I don't know the English name of this word) to callus.

To Stealth. There is no low grade Vodka in the Russia at least. The lowest grade is 40%.

In serious, the Caddilac is one of the rarest vehicle in the Russia, more over I have found only one unbiased consumer review about 2.8 L Engine CTS in Russian web, and couple ad articles about 3.6 engine. If you you want to write some sentences about your Caddilac it would be very useful for persons who are going to buy the car. You and other can make a brilliant display of your knowledges and pictures on my http://www.car-or-car.com site
Best regards.
you clearly like Cadillacs and so do we.

the point is that the worst fuel counsumption is by the CTS-V, 15 mpg city / 24 mpg hwy,
and that car model comes in at 556 hp @ 6100 rpm, with its gas hog supercharged 6.2 liter engine.

however the fuel economy data for CTS on that site was gathered, is clearly incorrect.

as to vodka .. of course it is the liquor of choice, but you may not know that the 40% you quoted is only the legal minimum alcohol content for market labeled vodka. did you know that 'okowita vodka' is 70+ % alcohol and later REDUCED to 40% for general market vodka. try a bottle of that sometime, assuming one can still find it in the black market there .. i believe its still available in Poland, оковита .. do the Russian people still make samogon ?

ethanol (grain alcohol) has been used here since the Model T Ford of 1908 to power cars and today it is sold mixed with dyno fuel and some areas is required by law .. vodka is basically ethyl, grain or potato alcohol. so you see, we can make grain alcohol for about the same cost of dino fuel. problem is that by volume, it has less energy and therefore a car gets less miles per gallon when used.

samogon

Last edited by stomper; 12-21-2009 at 03:16 AM.

Quick Reply: Where are all the posts on CTS-V or any other CTS or Vodka?